Chapter Twenty Eight

Ella's POV

Twirling around in my dress I giggle as Freddie eyes me from the doorway shaking his head. I smooth out my charcoal grey dress that has thin spaghetti straps, tight around the bust then flows out. I run my hand over my slight baby bump and smile.

"You look beautiful Luna," Freddie says and my wolf purrs with appreciation at being accepted by her mate and Alpha.

Approaching me he runs his hands over my body resting them on my bump and places a kiss on my mark causing me to shiver in delight.

"Thank you, Alpha," I say breathing heavily and I hear a low growl in his throat.

"Come, let's get this ceremony started before we never leave this room. I don't want you worrying about a thing tonight everything is under control." He takes my hand and leads me from our room and down the stairs.

Everyone we pass is beaming with pride and happiness and I can't help but smile just as much. These people are my family now and to know that I'm part of the reason they are so happy makes my heart swell.

"Everyone is ready for you both," Jack tells us leading us out as he holds hands with Hayley.

The four of us take to the stage alongside Freddie's parents and my father who gives me a wink of encouragement. My eyes scan the crowd and I get a horrible sense of deja vu, last time we stood here Cal's pack were trying to take me. My gaze stops upon a girl who must be a little older than me, she's shifting from foot to foot and looking around anxiously.

"Freddie who is that?" I mind link him and he looks to where I'm looking.

"That's Naomi, why do you ask?"

"She's up to something. Look at her body language, she can't stay still. Could she be a threat?"

"She's an ex-girlfriend, I'm sorry I didn't mention her before but I didn't think you'd want to know. She's probably jealous but I couldn't imagine her putting the pack in danger."

I nod at him and cut the link paying attention to Alpha Jim addressing the crowd and calling us to him.

"Do you Freddie Harlington accept the title of Alpha of the midnight pack? Do you swear to protect the pack with your life?" Alpha Jim asks.

"I do, I swear," Freddie says with his head held high.

"Do you Ella Davis accept the title of Luna of the midnight pack and swear to protect the pack with your life?"

"I do, I swear," I say taking hold of Freddie's hand which he lifts in the air causing the crowd to cheer.

"I'd like to present to you your new Alpha and Luna. May their betas step forward?" Jim says and Jack and Hayley stand on either side of Freddie and me.

"I'd like to present your new betas, Jack and Hayley. Do you both swear to protect the pack with your lives and make Alpha decisions if we should not be able to?" Freddie asks.

"We swear." They say in unison and I hug Hayley tightly.

My eyes dart back to where Naomi was standing but she's gone. I frantically search the crowd for her and then my eyes go to the treeline where I can see shadows appearing my heart drops when I hear Aaron's warning howl and all hell breaks loose as rouges pour out from the shadows.

****A/N sorry it's taken me forever to upload I will try to update sooner next time! Only three weeks till I find out if my own little pup is a boy or girl eeek! Please vote, comment and follow xoxoxo****