Chapter Twenty Seven

Ella's POV

I hear a bit of commotion going on throughout the pack house so I head out in search of Freddie. I can feel how tense he's feeling and the pack are suddenly on edge.

As I walk outside my eyes look over to the group of fighters and immediately land on a broken-looking Aaron. I feel hurt for him, this is my best friend completely ruined and it's all my fault. A warning growl breaks from Freddie's chest and I look from Aaron to him.

I give him a reassuring smile and mind link him. "Love you."

He returns my smile, "Love you more baby."

Walking towards me he takes my hand and we take a walk alone. I know something is up with him but he's trying to keep me in the dark.

"Are you going to tell me what's wrong or are we going to pretend everything is fine?" I ask eyeing him suspiciously.

"I don't want you to worry or be afraid but there are rogues situated quite close to the pack. Aaron showed up earlier he has spotted them gathering in small groups all headed this way. He has taken out a lot of them but thinks there may be many more."

My mind starts racing as I process the information he has just given me. I'm scared, I won't lie. All I can think of is how my mother was so cruelly killed. A Luna is gold dust to these monsters, what's even more valuable is a pregnant Luna.

"Freddie?" I whisper.

"Yes, angel?"

"Are they coming for me?" I ask.

"They will not touch you, I promise." He cups my face and pulls me in for a gentle but needy kiss. I know this man will protect me with his life. Time for me to be the strong Luna my pack needs and expects me to be.

***A/N short one for you. Please vote, comment and follow! I've got some wonderful news for everyone... I'm pregnant! Feels so good to finally tell everyone.***