Chapter Two

Aaron's POV

Her beautiful smile is all I can think about I have no idea what my Science teacher just said. I look down at my phone and see her face beaming back at me, her long brown hair and her big green eyes. I say a silent prayer to the moon goddess that I wake tomorrow and discover Ella is my mate.

I've loved her for as long as I can remember. Unfortunately, I've always remained 'the best guy friend' as we both know that once we turn eighteen we will find our mates. I try and break my thoughts, I know the chances of my prayers being answered are slim.

I feel someone trying to speak to me through our pack mind link so I drop my mental guard.

"Hey! You finally let me in!" I hear her angelic voice.

"Yeah sorry deep in thought," I tell her.

"Do tell?"

"Nope private business, what did you want anyway?"

"Meet me at lunch at our bench?"

"Yeah sure," I reply and she's gone.

I'm brought back to class by my teacher calling my name and the bell rings saving me from a lecture. I learned nothing from that lesson, man I've got it bad.

Walking to meet Ella I bump into some of the guys, we've got football practice after lunch so I tell them I'll see them there. They all know where I'm off to anyway.

I spot her sitting there with a few of the girls from our pack as I walk towards them I hear them saying their goodbyes and get up to leave.

"Oh, bye girls, nice to know I'm such a hit with the ladies." I pretend to sulk.

Isla blushes "Sorry Aaron, Ella has some private things to discuss with you."

That's weird, she's not normally so shy.

"Bye!" Katie and Hayley say in unison walking off with Isla.

Ella hugs me and I breathe her in.

"Aaron, are you sniffing me?" She looks shocked.

"Yes I am I like the smell of your shampoo, it smells like cookies." I sniff her again.

"Stop it!" She giggles pushing me away.

We eat our lunch and make small talk with the usual people that try to sit with us.

"So you have some private stuff to talk to me about?" She looks like she's debating with herself to tell me and she has her mental block up.

"Um no it's ok it can wait until tomorrow," she says blushing.

"I hate it when you do this, if something is bothering you I want you to tell me," I say sternly.

"It's fine honestly, don't worry about it! Are you looking forward to your party tomorrow night?" I know she's trying to change the subject so I let it slide.

"Yeah, Jack and I always have the best parties and their pack house is bigger than ours, it will be amazing."

"I'm looking forward to seeing them all again."

"Me too." I put the rubbish from our lunch in the bin and we walk back to the building.

I call my cousin Jack and make the final arrangements for tomorrow night. We share the same birthday so always have a party together. It's a great excuse for our families to get together and our packs to mix, my uncle is Beta of The Moonlight pack and my father is Beta of our pack - The Midnight Pack.

I mind link Ella with the final details of the party and she's so excited. The party is fancy dress themed and we've not told each other what we're going on as it's going to be awesome!