Chapter Twenty

Ella's POV

The house shakes with the sound of the front door slamming open and a rumbling growl sounds throughout the house. A high-pitched scream of pain follows and Aaron and I break apart grabbing our clothes and quickly putting them on.

Aaron looks at me and sighs "Ella I'm sorry, your scent was calling me it was so strong my wolf took over."

"It was my fault my wolf took over too and as my mate wasn't here she was set on you, you best take off Freddie's coming and he'll kill you," I say worried.

"Quickly, go out the window," I say shoving him out.

The bedroom door crashes open and Freddie shifts back and looks at me in disgust. I've never seen Freddie look so cold and distant, his eyes are his wolf's. He strides towards me and I shrink away.

"You disrespect us, you've let another male touch you!" he roars.

"I'm sorry, the heat was unbearable I wasn't in control," I say through my tears.

"How could you?" His voice breaks and I look up to see Freddie's blue eyes shining with angry tears.

"I'm so sorry." I can't believe I almost mated with Aaron, I've ruined my relationship and most likely theirs too.

Pain goes through my body at the thought of my mate rejecting me and the pain of my heat is still bubbling under the surface.

Freddie picks me up not looking at me and carries me to our room the girls are waiting nervously outside and Freddie doesn't say a word to them. He places me none too gently on the bed and walks towards the door and turns to look at me with a heartbroken look.

"I want you to stay in here until I can decide what to do, and know that Aaron will pay for this," he says shutting the door behind him.

I bang my fists on the door, "Leave him alone it was all my fault! Freddie, please come back." I cry out.

The reality of what I've done hits me like a ton of bricks, can we survive this? Will Freddie and the pack reject me?

Aaron's POV

What the hell have I done? The pain-filled scream had come from Isla and hear I was running to save my own backside.  I linked her begging to see her I can only hope she comes.

I wait an hour in the dark woods for her then she enters the clearing looking broken. Her eyes are void of emotion.

"You lied to me, you promised you didn't love her. I felt you kiss her and almost mate her. My mark burnt like acid was being poured onto it."

"Isla I'm so sorry, I wasn't in control and neither was she it was her heat." I plead.

"No Aaron, I think deep down you both gave control to your wolves too easily, so let's get this over with. I Isla Fallon reject you Aaron Miller as my mate and pray that the moon goddess gives me a second chance at happiness and life."

The pain erupts in my heart and I drop to my knees, Isla cries out in pain before running off. I shift into my wolf, if I can survive this it will have to be in wolf form I'll die from heartbreak in my human form.

I howl to the sky in sorrow and run as fast as I can there's only one place I can go, my grandpa's cabin. I'm weak from the pain of rejection and the pain of running for a solid six hours but I'm finally here.

I look up at the cabin and it's looking slightly old now, I'll have to repair it now it's my home. Walking through the door I grab some of the old clothes I'd left behind a few years back. Thankfully they fit. I look at the cabin wall and there are mine and Ella's handprints from when we were kids with our initials next to them.

Everything is so fucked up right now, another wave of pain hits me as the separation from Isla gets tougher. I just want to hold her and beg for forgiveness but she won't forgive me. If I'd gone through with mating with Ella she would have died from the pain but not before feeling everything I did. I deserve my fate if I die from heartbreak or if Freddie finds me, deep down I know I'll have to face him he sees this as a challenge to his mate and position as Alpha.

***A/N please vote, comment and follow! Two updates in one day how awesome am I? ;-) xoxoxo***