Chapter Twenty Three

Ella's POV

I couldn't bring myself to go to Isla's funeral, I will always blame myself for Isla's death. I had tried to talk to her as had my father and Aaron's parents but she wouldn't listen.

Aaron is a mess he wouldn't even look at me when I went to visit as soon as I heard what happened. As they weren't fully mated there's a chance he'll pull through, but seeing how he was I'm not sure if he will.

Freddie is rubbing small circles in the palm of my hand trying to reassure me that it's not my fault and that Aaron will be ok. I know it's taking a lot for him to be like this as only a while ago he wanted to kill Aaron. I let out more tears and I can't believe I have any left, I cry for Aaron's loss, Isla's life being cut short and my wonderful mate who I do not deserve.

"Shh Ella please don't cry, it wasn't your fault. Isla decided to take her life, you had tried to talk to her but she didn't listen. You did all you could now you can't live your life blaming yourself." He grabs my face in his hands so I look at him.

"It hurts me to see you like this, I'm taking you out for the day," he tells me.

"No Freddie I don't feel like it."

"We're going and that's final Alpha's orders." he winks at me and I give a small smile.

"Fine but you're not Alpha yet."

"Ah princess that's where you're almost wrong, We're officially becoming Alpha and Luna in two days. Dad wanted to do it last week but with everything going on we thought it best to postpone it."

"Why didn't you tell me?" I ask shocked.

"Because you've had enough going on, don't worry about an outfit for the ceremony because I've already sorted it."

"Thank you, I really don't deserve you or any of this," I say sadly.

"You do! Ella, you deserve the world and I intend to give you it. Now come on Luna I've got a day planned for us."

He holds out his hand for me and I take it. I can't shake the guilt for going on with my life when Aaron and Isla can't, but I need to do this for Freddie. We leave the house and climb into his mustang and he turns the music on low. He's still holding my hand and driving with the other, we soon pull up at the most beautiful cliff top it's completely secluded and surrounded by trees.

Freddie stops the car and gets a picnic basket from the back. "I thought we could eat and go for a run?"

"Sounds perfect."

We sit on the ground in front of the car and the view of the sea is amazing and calming. Freddie opens the basket and hands me a sandwich as the smell hits me I gag.

"Freddie, what's in that?" I ask screwing up my face.

"Cheese and pickle, your favourite," he says looking confused

With the mention of pickle, I puke spectacularly on the ground in front of us.

"Um was your favourite? What's wrong are you sick? Let's get you to the pack doctor." He says anxiously.

"No, I'll be fine," I say dismissing him.

"Ella the car, now!" He says using his Alpha tone and I strop to the car rolling my eyes at him.

We pull up at the pack doctor's house and go to his office. He walks out to greet us as he sees us getting out of the car.

"Ella, Freddie, is everything ok?" he bows his head to us.

"Ella suddenly got sick today, could you run some tests and make sure she's ok?" Freddie asks.

"I'm fine Alan, honestly it's probably just due to stress," I tell him.

"Let's run some tests anyway, they won't take long."

Alan takes some blood and says he will have the results in a half-hour so we go for a stroll around the neighbourhood talking to our pack members who are all excited about our upcoming ceremony. We walk back and Alan greets us again taking us to his office.

"I'd like you both to take a seat," Alan says and we look at each other worried. We do as we're told and I can feel the concern coming off Freddie in waves.

"Well the results are back and I can tell you your sickness will only increase, congratulations to you both, Luna you're pregnant!"

My mouth falls open with shock and Freddie jumps out of his seat pulling me up and spinning me around. I let out a laugh and he shakes the doctor's hand thanking him.

****A/N Hey sorry it took me a while to update but I hope you liked it. Please vote, comment and follow. I love you guys!****