Fate's Path

"Ella! You ready?" Aaron shouts entering my room.

"Yeah, I'll just be a minute," I tell him. Finishing curling the ends of my long brown hair I grab my bag and head out of my room pulling Aaron along.

Today is the first day of my last School year and I seriously can't wait to be done with School. I'm popular but not because I want to be, far from it. People want to be my friend because I'm the Alpha's daughter. Aaron is the only person I trust he's the Beta's son and we've been friends forever.

Leaving the pack house we head for school, it's a ten-minute walk which always ends up taking longer because we pass our favourite cafe on the way.

"You think we'll find our mates this year?" I ask Aaron dreamily.

"Yeah I hope so," he says half interested in our conversation more interested in his coffee.

"What's bugging you?" I ask him sipping my coffee.

"We have to endure another year of that hell hole." Aaron hates school more than I do.

"Yeah, but at least we have each other."

"True that, so can I have my birthday present today?" His big brown eyes are full of hope.

"No way! Your birthday is tomorrow so you can have it then." I playfully push him and he laughs at me.

Walking up the steps of our school my eyes roam around. The majority of the students are milling about in their groups and everyone stops to look at us, Aaron puts a protective arm around me. The pack members know better than to talk about us because thanks to our wolf hearing we can hear every word but the humans are another stories.

"Oh my god look how hot Aaron looks, Ella is so lucky, what the fuck does he see in her?" I hear a girl whose name is Ali say, she's one of the fakes.

We keep walking through the gossiping and stares and head to the benches where we usually hang out before classes. Aaron and I sit down and mess about taking photos on our phones, pulling stupid faces. Aaron laughs so hard he snorts which causes me to laugh harder.

"Did you just snort? Dude that was so not cool," I say with a snobby tone and flip my hair over my shoulder.

"Oh don't act like that you sound like one of the fakes," he says with a grimace.

"What if you wake up tomorrow and find out one of them is your mate?" laughing harder than before I try to compose myself but his face makes it impossible.

"Don't joke Ella! They're human so it's very unlikely thank the moon goddess." he looks relieved, I can't imagine fate being so cruel.

"I'm only messing your mate will be the best."

The bell rings and we get to our feet Aaron tugs me along "Yeah I hope you're right."

****A/N Hi everyone please vote, follow and comment! I'd love to hear from you all xx****

Ella-

Aaron-

Aaron-