Chapter Three

Ella's POV

After school, I walk back to the pack house with Aaron, Bradley and Isla. They both live at the pack house too, there's about Twenty of us living here.

We're all chatting about Aaron's party but to be honest all I can think about is him finding his mate tomorrow.  I know it's unlikely to happen, his mate could be anywhere in the world. What would it do to our friendship? We've always had such a deep connection and I guess I've always had feelings for him. I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't feel jealous seeing him with his mate but I'll be happy if he's happy.

"Earth to Ella! Did you even hear a word I just said?" Bradley questions flicking the side of my head.

"Ouch! Brad seriously, that hurt!" I huff.

"Oh don't be such a baby! So are you?"

"Am I what?"

"I knew you weren't listening, are you coming with us to the party or meeting us there?" he asks

"I'll meet you there, I'm travelling with Dad early."

"Cool, can't wait to see everyone's costumes, " he says and I smile.

Walking into the pack house my father mind links me to meet him in his office. I open the door and walk in, he's sitting at his big desk with a serious look on his face. I take a seat opposite him and he smiles at me.

"Hi Daddy you wanted me?" I ask.

"Hi Ella, I need to talk to you about something important. Your birthday is coming up soon and you will find your mate, when that day comes I would like your mate to be Alpha of this pack should I deem him worthy of the title. I just wondered how you would feel about that?" He's studying my reaction I'm in shock.

"Wow Dad, do you honestly think I'd be ready to be Luna?"

"Yes sweetheart you have Alpha blood running through your veins, you were born to lead just as your mother was," he says his eyes filled with unshed tears.

"I wish she was here Daddy," I say choking back a sob.

"Me too." He hugs me and kisses the top of my head.

"Now let's go have dinner and get some rest. You're having the day off tomorrow we will travel to the moonlight pack together and help with the party preparations. I need to speak with Alpha Jim about some pack business."

"Ok Daddy, sure." We go to help set up but some of the women in the pack refuse and make us sit down, they've made it their mission to look after us since my mother passed away.

I miss her so badly I keep having dreams that she's back and it wasn't real. It was three years ago, my mother went out for a walk in the woods she was ambushed by several rouges they killed her before she even had time to shift.  My father was devastated, losing a mate is like having your heart slowly ripped out. He is slowly fading before me,  I know that is why he wants my mate and I to take over the pack when I find him. I don't want my Father to die but to live a life without your mate is a slow and painful death, I'd rather he not suffer.

Blinking to stop myself from crying I look around the long table and catch Aaron staring at me, his father Dan is waving his hand in front of Aaron's face and I can't help but laugh, busted!

****A/N Happy new year everyone!  hope you all had a great time. Please vote, follow and comment.  Much love xx ****