Chapter Thirty Three

Ella's POV

I wake to see Freddie sitting beside the bed, his head resting on his hands clasped together, staring at me intently.

"What's wrong? Is Hayley ok? The baby?" I gasp clutching my chest. I feel an awful lump of sadness and I know what it means.

"She lost the baby, it was too early in the pregnancy for the baby to be able to survive a blow like that."

Tears start to fill my eyes, I need to go see her. Freddie wraps his arms around me and then walks hand in hand with me to the pack doctor.

As I walk through the door I see Jack's mum Faye about to leave, I hug her and she smiles at me sadly.

"Hayley is awake now, she'll need you to be there for her Ella. Let me know if any of you need anything."

I nod at her and she walks away. Taking a deep breath I walk into Hayley's room and all of a sudden I feel like I shouldn't have come and that I'm flaunting my bump in her face.

"Don't you dare Ella, all babies are a blessing and as heartbroken as I am I don't want you to feel like you need to avoid me?" She tells me sternly, my emotions obvious on my face.

"I'm so sorry Hay." I hug her lightly not wanting to hurt her and we cry together.

Not being able to keep his cool any longer Jack walks out of the room and I nod at Freddie to go after him.

"I need to get out of here, I want to keep busy." She says playing with the edge of the blanket.

"I know but you need to rest, I'm sure they will let you come back to the pack house in the morning."

I get her some water and talk to her about anything other than the situation we're in right now.

"Thanks, Ella you've been such a good friend."

"Don't thank me it's what friends are for."

The guys come back in and Jack sits on the bed with Hayley.

"How you feeling? " he asks her.

"Better I want to go home, so you can cuddle me in our bed."

"I'll get Brooke to make sure you're OK to leave," Freddie says going in search of the nurse.

Ten minutes later the nurse enters and checks Hayley over.

"I think you will be ok to go home but you must come back if you feel at all unwell and I need you to come back in a week so we can check you over ok?"

"Yes thank you for everything Brooke."

"Don't mention it, goodnight Alphas, Betas." She bows her head and exits the room.

Aaron POV

I want to make sure Jack and Hayley are OK so I head to the doctors. I knock on the office door where I can see a nurse sitting as she stands to greet me I'm momentarily stunned she's beautiful. Her golden blonde hair cascades around her heart-shaped face and her hazel eyes look into mine she looks sad and I feel drawn to her. Sniffing the air I sense she's human and I frown.

"Hi I'm Brooke, yes I'm human and yes I know all about werewolves." She chuckles lightly sensing my discomfort.
"Oh um Hi, I'm Aaron, Beta of the midnight pack and Jack's cousin. Is he about? Is Hayley ok?"

"They left a little while ago, Hayley is better.

I can't seem to stop staring at her but I know I need to before I freak her out.

"Thanks I'll visit them tomorrow, see you around?" She blushes and nods.

"Yes sure, nice to meet you, Aaron."

I give a small wave and walk away, I need to find out more about her, but why?

***A/N so I'm on a bit of a roll today! Please vote, comment and follow. ***