Chapter Thirty Eight

Ella's POV

After Leon leaves the room with Parker his twin sister enters. She gasps and Krystal turns to her.

"You shouldn't have come in here."

The young girl doesn't reply as she shifts and goes for Krystal. She doesn't have time to shift herself before being knocked to the ground. Clamping her mouth over Krystal's neck she hesitates leaving Krystal enough time to grab the sharp knife lying next to her and plunge it into her belly. She let's out a howl of pain before ripping out Krystal's throat.

A growl sounds throughout the house, it's Leon, he knows. We need to get out of here now.
Is
"Oh my god, Penny are you OK?" Camie shouts to the girl who shifts back.

"N-no but I can get you out of there and you can help Luna Ella." She says as she struggles over to Camie helping her out of the device.

Penny collapses to the floor clutching her stomach and I can hear footsteps pounding through the pack house.

"Cam take her and run, she will die if you don't," I command.

"I can't leave you, he'll kill you." She says with tears streaming down her face.

"And if you stay he will kill us all. GO!" I tell her more forcefully and she picks up penny and races in the opposite direction of Leon's murderous footsteps.

Ah speak of the devil and he shall appear. His face twists into pure anger as he marches over to me. He roughly grabs me from the device and shoves me to the floor. I collapse into his dead mate, her blood smearing my clothes.

"Take a good look at that slut, because you'll be joining her shortly. Now get up!" he roars.

Dragging me by my hair he picks up a needle with his spare hand and continues to drag me down the hall and stairs towards the front door. My scalp is burning and tears are flowing down my face. He pushes me out the door and I hit the floor with a thud as I look up I see the most beautiful sight, Freddie. I take in his beautiful wolf and smile sadly, if this is my last image I'll die happy.

I feel the cold needle pressed against the side of my neck as Leon is shouting to Freddie. I await the burn of the liquid but it doesn't come, Leon hits the floor behind me and I turn to see what happened. Aaron is there in wolf form snarling over a very pissed-off Leon.

"You're going to pay for that mutt!" he shouts at Aaron before shifting into the most horrifying thing I've ever seen.

He takes on the form of a half-human half-wolf but is huge and you can feel the power radiating from him. His blood-red eyes snap to me and I involuntary shiver, repulsed.

He takes a bite into Aaron's leg and he yelps. Cal and Freddie run to us and Freddie shifts back picking me up and cradling me to his chest. Cal assists Aaron in taking down Leon whilst the rest of the fighters fight the rogues. I see Jack approach us.

"Princess are you OK? The pup? Are you bleeding? Nothing happened with Krystal I swear." I place a finger on his lips silencing him.

"Woah slow down, we're fine. Let's talk later. Jack coming and Aaron might need help. Leon is hell-bent on killing everyone."

"Get to the saferoom with Camie and the other women, lock the door and don't answer for anyone but me ok?"

I nod and give him a quick kiss. I look at Aaron and Cal fighting gracefully against the monster. Please let them be ok I beg the moon goddess. I dodge fighters and rogues scrapping as I make my way to the basement following Camie's scent, I come to a heavy wooden door and knock loudly.

"Cam it's Ella let me in," I say and the door opens within seconds and Camie hugs me.

"You're OK! I'm so sorry for leaving you!" She cries.

"Ssh it's alright, you did the right thing, your pack member needed you."

"Cal linked me, he's fighting Leon. I'm so scared." her cries turn into full-blown wails and I hug her tighter.

"He will be ok, Freddie, Aaron and Jack are all with him along with our fighters and yours."

She nods and we sit with the other women. A young girl about 5 years old climbs onto Camie's lap and wraps her arms around her.

"Can you sing to me, Luna? I'm scared for my Daddy and my mummy used to sing to me when I was sad."

"Of course Belle what would you like me to sing?" Camie asks her.

"Let it go!" She claps her hands and I chuckle at them.

Camie's soft singing fills the terrified silence of all the women and children. We all seem to ease at the sound of her voice. And then suddenly we hear a loud bang on the door.

*** A/N please vote, comment and follow. Thanks, xoxoxo***