Being expressive is not tough

(At a tent stall, Seoul)

Chaeyoung POV
Dahyun unnie brought me there to drink with her, I guess she got something to share with me because I know she's not the type who likes to drink.

As we sat at a table, Dahyun unnie called the ahjumma, asking for bottles of soju and some food.

"Let me pour it for you, unnie" I poured some soju onto her empty glass and she poured onto mine too.

She drank it in one shot. Wow. She must be so depressed, I guess?

"So..tell me now. Something's up?" I asked and she nodded weakly.

"Take a deep breath first..because what I'm going to tell you would be something that you might not believe..." she trailed off.

"Nah. Just continue unnie" I said, gesturing her to continue to talk. She then took a deep breath.

"I like a girl" she said.

Hell yeah. I'm not surprised at all.

"Okay. Then?" I carelessly said. Dahyun unnie looked at me, surprised.

"What? what's the problem with liking a girl? when I like a girl too" I suddenly confessed.

"Heol~ I'm shookt here" she said. I scoffed.

"So..what do you wanna tell me? I mean, don't beat around the bush. Be straight to the point" I said.

"Okay..let me.." she said and I nodded.

"You know that I haven't dated a lot of people, right? Besides, I think I can't date since I'm not good at expressing my feelings..." she drank her soju some more.

"It's understandable if people think that I'm a bit on the tiresome side? hmm maybe tiresome isn't the right word.. let's just say it might be hard for people to know what I'm feeling so I don't really know what I should do" she added.

"Well..what you're doing now is already kind of expressing, is not it?" I asked.

"Except for my close family I find it is hard to do it to someone else especially my someone"

"What's bothering you by the way? being not expressive? is that it?" I asked and she nodded.

"Hm I wouldn't say unnie is not that expressive but you're just excel at showing your feelings through simple actions that most people can't see. I mean like most people who aren't very expressive intend to show their love through the most simple acts. Well, you're just like our mom and I'm like our dad. We're completely the opposite. But hey, look at our mom and dad.. they're good together right? being the opposite completes each other.." I said.

Wow, thanks to that inspiration.

"At first I didn't know that I like her till I missed the way she texted me. I mean I like the way we talked to each other. I like the feeling how she makes me laugh, smile like shit and how she treats me even we were strangers before that.." Dahyun started to open up her feelings..

"Till one day, she suddenly approached me and she confessed to me, she told me that she likes me. And I was really startled! my gosh, only god knows how I felt that time. But then as time passed by, I then realize that I actually do love her too when she stopped searching for me. My heart hurt. I was so stupid that I didn't realize the feeling started to grow back then but I wasn't sure and when she texted me again after a while, she came and asked me if I like her and guess what? I denied it. Pabo. I know I was so stupid. So since that day, her question keeps bothering me every day, every hour, minute and second. I mean I regretted that I didn't get to tell her that time.." she let out a deep sigh.