Thorin x Elf! Reader pt:4

He marched over to you and sat down on your bed. Pinching his nose, he sighed. "It's not your fault Y/n. Every time I see you, I only see your father and his decisions. I can not help but be angry at you, at your race. When you talked backed to me, I just snapped."

Looking down, you stared at your hands at the news. You knew what your father did, and even though you loved him, that didn't mean you loved his decisions.  Looking back up at him, you glanced at his face.

"I know that you can only see me as Thranduils daughter my King, but you need to see me separately. I am my own person, not my father or the decisions that he made, and it's time that you see that."

Thorin stood up and placed a hand on your arm. "Very well, princess Y/n. I.. I apologize for losing my temper in front of you, it was unwise of me." You blanched. 'Did Thorin just apologize to me? An elf?!'

You stood up as well and faced him. "I accept your apology King Thorin. If you please, I have to go to my exercises with Clairanna for my leg." 

"Let me help you Y/n, I need to make up for my behavior towards you earlier." Nodding shyly, you took his arm and started to walk to the infirmary.

The common folk stared as the elf and their King walked arm in arm through the kingdom. "Y/n?" You looked down to him. "Yes my lord?" 

"Please, just call me Thorin. We are equals are we not?" Nodding, he continued, "I have decided to put you in a guest chamber in the royal wing, considering you are a royal."  Flicking your eyes down to him, you smiled.

"Thank you so much My Ki- I mean Thorin! It will be a nice change of scenery from bars and rock I must say!"

Finally, you reached the infirmary and you both stopped in front of the door. "Well, thank you kindly for accompanying me Thorin." As you started to open the door, his palm on your wrist stopped him.

You gave him an incredulous stare. Clearing his throat, you noticed that his cheeks were the lightest shade of red, so light you could barely see it. "Would you like to accompany me to dinner tonight Lady Y/n?"

You stared at him as if he had grown three heads. "P-pardon?" He turned away. "Never mind my lady." And he stayed to walk away.

"Wait!" He looked back at you. "I would love to join you for the evening meal, thank you. And also, it's just.      Y/n." You smiled at him.

Curtsying, you walked in the infirmary and did not see when he jumped and highfived the air before looking around, straightening his crown before walking down the hallway to order the cooks to serve their very best tonight.

And that's a wrap for part 4! Hope you liked it xx