Company x reader: Metal Music

For @blackmentis20000

It was a quiet evening, all the dwarves were gathered around the fire, laughing and telling camp stories. Bilbo looked around and accounted for everyone... except for you.

Standing up, he looked around until he saw you in a little outcrop near the dwarves. You had been found by Balin wandering through the woods, with no idea how you had gotten there in the first place.

Of course, Thorin and the other older dwarves did not immediately warm up to you considering you wore strange clothes and owned a strange, metal handheld device that Thorin was sure was a way to spy on the company. After you eased their concise however, they made you right at home.

As Bilbo walked closer to you, he could hear loud drum beats, louder guitars and... screaming?? That was all coming through the device on your ears.

He stopped in front of you and you looked up and smiled at him. "Good evening Bilbo, how can I help you?"

He sat down, "I was wondering why you weren't eating with everyone and then I heard strange noises coming from.. those... thingies in your ears!"

You laughed, " my earbuds?" You asked. "Sure" he shrugged. You sighed and gave him one and he watched in amazement as you presses the screen of your devise.

You forgot your music was all the way up and so when Bilbo heard the screaming and the drums, all the loudness and chaos coming from your earbuds, he yelped and jumped away.

That caught the attention of the rest of the company and when you looked up from Bilbo, they all had their weapons out looking for the danger.

"Mr. Baggins, what seems to be the problem?" Asked Gandalf. He pointed towards your earbuds, you need to listen to that!"

They all looked at you expectedly. You smiled softly and took your headphones out from your phone.

You pressed play and watched their faces. Everyone was kind of shocked, except for Fili and Kili, who were nodding their heads and tapping their feet to the beat.

When you stopped it, Dwalin looked at you."what in Durins beard was that?"
You patted his arm, "that my dear Dwalin, is called Metal music." When all you received was blank stares, you sighed.

" It's a very emotional music. It allows the individual musicians to play out and show off their skills. The singers use their voice as an instrument as well. ". Ori raises his hand. " if you don't mind me asking, why do people listen to it?"

"Well, in some way, its part of our life, culture and being. It's a way to let go of your feeling and let yourself get lost in the music.. kind of like therapy.. except a lot louder" you laughed.

"Its a relatable but misunderstood genre of music, and the best part is is that there are different types of metal music, like heavy, thrash, power, and black metal!" You could ted on your fingers. Taking a deep breath, you looked at the company. "Anyways, I like it, so no judgment."

Thorin sat down next to you. "I don't know Y/n, I kind of liked it." And the rest of the company nodded in agreement. "Play it again!" Called Bilbo. You laughed and pressed play.

Hope you like it!! Xx