Thorin x reader: How could you!?

You were just a serving maid. At least you were one. It had been a couple years since Smaug had taken the last great dwarf kingdom for his own.

It had been a terrible day, but in the midst of the confusion, your prince, Thorin (11) had lead you to safety.

You had met Thorin a couple days after he brought your people to the Blue Mountains. It was there you met him.

"I need help!" Cried a masculine voice.

"Thorin, I'll be fine, you worry to much."

The door burst open and your prince and the princess Dís walked through.
The first time he saw you, he knew you were the one. Your h/c hair was in a messy braid, there was a smudge of dirt across your face, you looked tired.He thought you looked beautiful.

You smiled at him, eyes shining brightly. "My prince, how may I help you?" He looked at you and smiled. "Just Thorin would do my lady."

Dís looked at him I'm surprise. He demanded common people used his title, you must have been special.

She smiled at you. " My brother seems to think I'm dying from a small scratch I suppose." She joked.

You laughed and checked her arm. "You will be ok princess Dís, it's not deep at all." You quickly set to work cleaning it out. When you were done you said it was free to go.

She thanked you and left. Just as he was about to leave the room, he turned. "Tomorrow."
You looked at him. "What?"

He cleared his throat, his cheeks blushing the tiniest bit. "Will you spend some time with me tomorrow, I want to know you better."

You nodded and smiled brightly, "of course!"

You had known each other for quite some time and eventually, he started courting you. Everything was perfect, or so you thought.

"Thorin?"

He opened his study room and smiled "yes love?" You blushed when he called you that. "I'm going down to the market for a few hours... Will you be here when I get back?"

He had been leaving really early in the mornings and returning late into the night saying that he had important meeting to attend to.

Of course, you had just brushed it off. Thorin would never lie to you..right?
Today, you were going with Dís to do 'girl stuff' as you liked to put it.

He shook his head. You noticed that he didn't seem to be himself lately.You looked down and replied with a small "oh.." He put his hands on your shoulders.

"Y/n, I will try to be home as early as possible. Meanwhile, go have fun with Dís, you haven't seen her in forever."

You smiled, although you were sad.
You gave him a hug and kissed him. "I'll see you tonight Thorin." He smiled and you walked out of the door.

..............................................................

"-I mean, he barely even talks to me, and when he is home, he's distant from me. What did I do wrong!" You cried.

"Y/a, I know that Thorin can be..well pigheaded sometimes, but I also know that he loves you dearly and would never intently hurt you dear." Dís replied soothing you.

You nodded and wiped your tears away. "Thank you Dís. Tell little Fili I said hi and that I'll bring him some cakes when I see him, he's grown!" You exclaimed.

"Of course Y/a, he adores you!" She turned to leave but gave you one last hug. "Everything will be ok, you'll see. Just have patience with him, bye (nickname)!"