Fili and Kili x (sibling) reader 'Operation Thorin'

It was early in the afternoon and you were sitting by your window bored out of your mind.

Your brothers Fili and Kili have been unnaturally quiet all day and seeing as it was already late afternoon, you were starting to suspect something was up. Giving an angry huff, you stood from your seat at the windowsill and stormed outside.

When you got out in the bright sunlight, your squinted eyes wandered around your property until they landed on a certain pair of boys. You could see that your brothers were crowded around a piece of paper and whispering to each other very quietly.

'Suspicious

You tiptoed forward, trying not to alert them to your form slowly moving closer. 
Fili and Kili were still occupied with their scribbling, so they didn't notice you until you were almost touching them. 

"What are you doing?"

Kili let out a squeek of surprise as they both jumped and scrambled to hide their paper from your eyes. Eyes rolling, you expertly plucked it out of their hands and raised it high above your head when they tried to retrieve it. Squinting at the words you looked up to read the bad handwriting.  When you finally made out what was written, your eyes widened and you smirked.

"Operation Thorin? Clever. ESPECIALLY as it's written in bold." You said sarcastically placing your hands on your hips, paper clutched in hand. 

Kili looked at the ground fidgeting around with his fingers while Fili rushed to explain.

"We wanted to play a joke on Uncle Tho-"

"Please don't tell him Y/n! We've been in lessons all week and haven't done anything fun!" Kili whined. You giggled a little at his childish behavior.

Fili nodded. "It's not natural, this is the first day in months it's been nice outside, we want to do something memorable" he stated. You squinted at them debating if you should save your uncle from certain emberassment. Crossing your arms on your chest, you made up your mind. "I won't tell brothers. HOWEVER, only if you let me help."

They both turned to look at each other and Fili made a terse nod. 

 "Deal."

"Ok" Kili started "here's the plan".

-----------------------------------------------------------time skip brought to you by the #1 hit on middle earth tunes "their taking the hobbits to Isengard"----------------------------------------------

"Hi Ori!" You chirped, walking lightly up to the red haired dwarf who was leaned over a table studying some insect. The scholar looked at you and smiled. "Hello Y/n" he said sweetly. "Do you need something?"

Your hands fidgeted behind your back as you rolled back on your heels. "Yes, I was wondering if there are any types of plants that will dye um.. fabric! Any plants that will dye fabric pink for a while."

He looked at you curiously and nodded."Follow me m'lady."

 Greatfully, you slung your arm through his as he led you to a clearing with tiny, light pink flowers dotting the grass. Bending over, you took out a small knife and started cutting the flowers from their stems. Once your bag was full, you stood fully and looked over at Ori.

"Thank you my friend." You gave him a small hug and practically ran back to your house.

-----------------another time skip brought to you by The Swag Company's single 'Misty Mountains Cold'-------------------------------

The three of you watched silently, basically holding your breath as you all crouched behind the bush. 

"What if this doesn't work?" Kili fretted. 

"It's going to work! Have faith." you lightly punched him in the arm. Suddenly, you heard heavy footsteps and you could see as Thorin's small form grew closer and closer as he walked up the path to your house. Suddenly he tripped, and your breath released in an excited gasp.

"Guys he passed the wire!" You whispered excitedly.

You all stared in wonder as Thorin got up  from the ground and dusted him self off.. only to have pink powder explode all around him. He stood there  motionless with wide eyes and mouth opened. You jumped up and high fived your brothers. 

"Operation Thorin complete!" Kili whispered to himself smirking. You backed out of the bush you were hiding in and the three of you started running towards the house with Thorin shaking his fist and bellowing after you.

"YOU ARE GROUNDED Y/N!! FILI! KILI! GET BACK HERE RIGHT NOW AND SEE IF YOU ARE STILL SMIRKING THEN!!"
---------------------------------------------

It's been about 2 weeks since your little endeavor and while you hate doing extra chores, 'Operation Thorin' was worth it to see your brooding uncle's light pink hair.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Hope you all liked it!!