S I X T Y - T W O

Eighteen Years Old ❣︎ October

"He's having so much fun without me." The redhead sighs with his head in his hands.

"Well, maybe it's because he's trying to." Betty laughs before taking some of Archie's fries.

The two were sat at a local diner, one that doesn't compare to Pop's by a long shot. Classes have started and Archie still feels the same way he felt two months ago.

Indifferent.

He hasn't even tried to make friends, he could care less at this point. And yeah, he knows he's being ridiculous but he just doesn't want to be here. That's the only useful thing he's learned so far.

"What do you mean?"

"You haven't tried having fun or enjoying anything about this place. Jughead has."

"Well that's because he's Jughead."

"That doesn't even make any sense." Betty laughs again.

"He has dreams and aspirations and tries to find the good in every single damn thing. I admire him for it, but I'm not like that."

"Doesn't mean you have to find the bad in everything." She mumbles.

"I don't do that!"

"Yeah you do. You refuse to be anything but bitter about being here. You're like a totally different person."

"I know." Archie mumbles sadly.

He's not really sure what to call it. A rut? He's just really bored with life in general at the moment and the only thing that makes it less bland is Jughead.

"So change it! Find something worth having fun with!" Betty scolds before deciding to just take Archie's fry basket entirely.

The bell of the small diner chimes in the background, and the chilly breeze of New York autumn air struts in with the vixen who caused the gust herself. She walks past the tables with bravado, every stride in her black heels laced with confidence as she makes her way down the aisle. She pulls down her hood and flashes a wicked smile at the redhead whose eyes hadn't left her since the moment she walked in. She winks and turns her gaze back in front of her, her all black ensemble and attitude doing the talking for her.

She's mesmerizing.

"Oh my gosh." Betty and Archie both mutter under their breath.

"She was..." Betty breathes out.

"Intense." Archie finishes for her, still not able to take his eyes off of the mysterious vixen.

Eventually, Archie manages to tear his gaze off of her and directs it to his stolen basket of fries with a pout.

"Hey, I was wondering if you knew your way around here? I'm kind of lost and I have somewhere to be." A sultry voice speaks from behind Archie, making his mouth drop open at the sight of the vixen in all black.

"Why didn't you just ask the man at the cashier? You were just ther-" Betty begins but is interrupted by a kick to the shin from Archie.