T W E N T Y - F O U R

Twelve Years Old ❣︎ March

Jughead didn't sleep over on Archie's birthday.

Archie slept over Reggie's house instead.

Truth is, Archie would've wanted to spend his birthday with Jughead instead, but being friends with Reggie meant being compliant with his requests.

And being Reggie's friend has way too many benefits that Archie can't seem to just pass up.

Even for Jughead.

Archie is going to get a chance to try out for the football team next year, having been practicing with Reggie for months now. The redhead is a natural, and his aim and power is unmatchable. The coach practically already gave him a spot next year, and none of that could've happened if he hadn't have made friends with Reggie.

Archie has no regrets, so what if things changed with him and Jughead?

At least, That's what he tries to convince himself.

But truth is he wouldn't be lying in his bed at 12 am staring at the ceiling and thinking of the black haired beauty every night if he didn't care.

He cares too much, and that's the problem.

"Dude, Reggie is about to murder that Jughead kid in the hallway right now." Archie immediately snaps his eyes towards one of Reggie's friends, Max, and follows him quickly to where commotion is coming from around the corner.

"Say it again! I dare you." Reggie almost growls, balling up Jughead's shirt in his fist as he slams him against the lockers.

"I don't think you'd want me to embarrass you like that in front of all these people, you may play that way, but I don't." Jughead glares his radiant ocean eyes at the boy, standing his ground.

"You just won't say it because you're scared. You're a worthless, pathetic, bîtch, and I'm not even sure why I waste my time with you."

Archie still does nothing to step in.

Jughead's eyes cast down at the words worthless and pathetic, causing Reggie to smirk.

He finally got to him.

Or so he thinks, anyways.

In two seconds, Jughead is spitting in Reggie's face, and switching their positions, pinning Reggie against the lockers instead despite Reggie being all around bigger and taller.

"Then why can't you leave me alone?" Jughead asks calmly, which just annoys Reggie even more.

How can someone be so serene in the middle of a raging fire, and how is someone able to be so timid in a situation where rage prevails?

Everyone surrounding the two become silent, wondering how in the world Jughead ended up on top, and how in the world he did it so gracefully.

But then Reggie throws the first punch, and Jughead lands in the ground.

Everyone starts yelling and screaming as Reggie continues to attack the boy. Another punch, another punch, another punch, and the raven haired boy just takes it.