F I F T Y - E I G H T

Eighteen Years Old ❣︎ April

"It came." Jughead says nervously into the phone as he traces his fingers over the large envelope that came into the mail today with care.

"Mine did too." Archie says just as nervously.

"I'll be over in ten." Jughead breathes out before hanging up the phone and looking into the mirror with a giddy smile on his face.

"Okay Jughead, first off you are smart, insanely smart and if NYU doesn't want you they're stupid as hell." He says sternly before clenching his fist. "Second, I like that you actually bought clothes yesterday. I know how hard trying on clothes and stuff is hard for you, but you did it. And third, you dominated high school, and college is going to be a piece of cake wherever you end up going." He reassures himself before turning away from the mirror and eyeing the stack of college letters he's received back on the desk.

He hasn't made an attempt at opening one, he's been two busy waiting for this one. NYU is his dream school, everyone else can wait in his eyes. He takes a deep breath before grabbing the NYU letter and heading out the door towards his boyfriend's house.

In no time flat Archie can be seen pacing the porch of his house nervously which makes Jughead roll his eyes. The redhead immediately shoots his head up when he hears footsteps and smiles weakly as Jughead makes his way up the steps.

"What if I didn't get in? This is the school I really wanted. I mean, I got into a few other ones but this is the one Juggy." He begins to ramble, beginning to pace again.

"Baby, calm down. You're making me even more nervous." Jughead admits before grabbing onto his hands, instantly causing the redhead to relax.

"Okay, okay I'm fine." Archie breathes out before sitting on the step as Jughead does the same.

"Switch." Jughead says bravely as they switch envelopes and Jughead clutches the Stony Brook envelope in his hand tightly.

"On three?" Archie says nervously. Jughead just nods in response.

"One."

"Two."

"Three."

With that, the two rip open the packages and pull out the letters frantically before skimming over the first sentences with eyes full of hope.

"Juggy?" Archie whispers.

"Yeah?" He bites his lip.

"You got in."

"You got in too." He says with a wider smile before tossing the letter to the side and connecting his lips with his boyfriend's, causing the redhead to gasp before relaxing into the kiss and placing his hands on his waist with care.

"We did it. We're going to college, and we'll only be a few hours away from each other." Jughead says excitedly after pulling away.

"Oh my gosh. We're actually doing this." Archie smiles before taking Jughead's hand and standing up, swinging him around.

"Now I just have to read the rest of the letter and hope they gave me a full ride because I'm not sure how I'm going to pay for all of that if they didn't." Jughead says sheepishly before letting go and picking up the letter, reading through the whole thing.

"What's it say?"

"Basically, fairytales do come true after all and I don't have to pay a dime." Jughead yells out happily, his happy voice echoing in the air along with Archie's happy laughter.

They did it. They're going to the schools of their dreams and leaving the small town they spent their lives in in just a few short months. Just years ago they were going trick or treating or to the park and talking about the tiny problems they had. Like Betty having a crush on Jughead, or Archie's failed attempt at a proposal. The two haven't even talked to Betty in years, time flies by way too fast.

"I hope we're not dreaming, because this would be a really cruel joke."

"You can say that again."

🌾🌾🌾🌾🌾🌾🌾

Two more high school chapters, and we're off to college. I made them both go to New York Schools. I always had my mind set on Jughead going NYU because he would fit in there so well I know it. Then I searched schools in New York that have good psychology programs, and Stony Brook came up which is so convenient because it's not too far away from NYU.

Gotta love google.

New York seems so ¢øøł I lowkey wanna get into NYU but the acceptance rate is under 30%. Stony Brook's acceptance rate isn't too bad though, just a little under 50%. No idea the place existed before today but maybe something y'all can look into if you wanna major in psychology.

#Educating the masses.

But another update cuz idk this is starting to feel dry.

I can't wait for you to meet the characters in college :) some of them are oc and some of them are from Riverdale.

I can assure you it's not Reggie. I'm not going through that again.