E L E V E N

Six Years Old ❣︎ December

Christmas Eve was always Archie's favorite day of the year.

It was a holiday on its own, and he tended to enjoy it more than actual Christmas Day. He loved having Jughead's and his families together, he loved exchanging gifts, and he just loved the closeness of it in general.

But today would make the redhead hate December 24th forever.

"Are you leaving yet?" Archie wines shamelessly on the phone, causing the raven haired boy on the other line to blush excitedly.

"No, my mom is changing Jel, but We should be leaving soon." Jughead assures.

Archie smiled at that. He had chosen the perfect gift for Jughead;

A Notebook

His mom thought it was a frivolous idea to just buy the child a notebook, but Archie put a lot of time into picking it out.

It was leather bound, and featured crisp white pages. The pages were thick, and lined with sharp bold strokes. The paper even smelled like cotton candy, due to the redhead spraying it with his mom's perfume.

Archie even filled the first few pages with small notes, asking his Dad for some help because although he knew the raven haired boy wouldn't care about his spelling mistakes, he wanted it to be perfect.

"Dear Juggy,

this is our 3rd Christmas Eve together! Can you believe that?

I got this book cause' you are really really smart. You write a lot. And you like it too. I don't see why. But I accept your interests like how you accept mine. You are really good at words. I know you are gonna be an author when you grow up!

I love you

Love bestfriend, Archie Andrews"

Archie giggled to himself after the reading over the note for the one hundredth time.

"Arch? Are you still there?" The darker hue giggled into the phone, causing the scarlet hue to blush.

"Yeah, m'sorry I'm just excited for you to see your gift." He admits.

"I'm excited for me to see it too." Jughead agrees before saying his goodbyes, and promising to be there soon.

"Archie! The Cooper's can't make it to dinner tonight, family emergency." Mrs. Andrews yells from downstairs, too busy tidying up to worry about her son's response.

She assumed he would be disappointed, always guessing that the boy had a thing for the bubbly blonde.

She couldn't have been further from the truth.

After hearing the news, Archie practically jumped off of his bed in happiness.

He liked Betty, he really did, but he knew that the whole night would have just featured Betty trying to get Jughead's attention and failing.