F O R T Y - T W O

Trigger warning: homophobic slur where asterisks are (***)

Fifteen Years Old ❣︎ December

"Twenty plus twenty is 40, not 2,000." Jughead laughs.

"I must've been thinking of 20 times 20?" Reggie blushes.

"That's 400."

"20 to the 20th power?"

"I can tell you right now that that's way more than 2,000."

"Well ha! You're not so smart after all because you don't know what the answer to that is."

"Reggie. You didn't know what 20 plus 20 was."

"Don't change the subject."

"This has been the subject the whole time."

"Whatever. Just teach me then."

The two are sat on Archie's couch with their binders open to geometry. Jughead has already taken geometry, so he figured it was only fair to help Reggie when he practically begged him for it. Reggie has to get his grades in shape so he can play lacrosse in the spring.

"Well first off, why are you doing 20 plus 20 anyways?"

"Because the angle is 20 degrees."

"No, the length of the side is 20 centimeters."

"I give up." Reggie huffs before slamming his binder shut and sinking into the couch.

Jughead laughs a bit before placing the binder on the table and directing his gaze towards Reggie.

"You'll get it, you just have to study and try more."

"I am trying, I try so hard but I can't do it. I really am fúcking stupid." Reggie mumbles.

"Hey! No one gets to call you stupid except for me." Jughead frowns, earning a small smile.

"I'm sorry."

"You should be, I have to beat you up now."

"I'd honestly like to see you try, milk jug." Reggie smirks before scooting closer to Jughead and locking eye contact.

"Milk jug? That's so original."

"It's because you need some milk."

"I'll fight you anytime, anyplace."

"Then let's go right now!"

"Fine!" Jughead laughs before pushing Reggie off of the couch and pinning him onto the carpet roughly.

"This brings back memories." Reggie laughs from underneath him. "Let's get to the part where I win shall we?"

In one move, Reggie flips them over, now pinning Jughead's wrists to the carpet.

"No fair." Jughead wines, staring up at Reggie with a smile.

"How is that not fair?"