Otsutsuki Woman

Could someone ever be so blind not to see something that is so realistic,yet so unreal? 

To Mikoto,everything at this point was unreal. She really had no idea that she'd become about one of the high ranked shinobi's from her village,one of those shinobi's who people expected something from... 

Mikoto shook her head as she looked at Kurama whom was looking at her with crossed arm. 

"No." Mikoto said stubbornly to Kurama. 

Being in her own mind also meant she was able to talk to Kurama as well as see him as if it was reality. 

"You're choosing the wrong path,Miko," Kurama said,sounding displeased. He was mad at her,and disappointed over what she'd done,but she couldn't simply just go back. Not now. 

"You don't understand," she said to him. "If I let myself take my emotions back from my sword,all I will feel is pain."

Kurama took a long look at her,a very long look. A look that said just as much as she could translate from that look... 

"I remember this woman that used to hold me hostage inside of her,she was a jinchuriki like you and your father." Kurama suddenly said,his dark voice a bit softer now.  

"He's not my father-"

"He raised you." Kurama said,as if to remind her. "Just like your father,this woman was very unsatisfied and scared...She was in pain,like you,too."  Mikoto slightly tilted her head to the side and listened to Kurama. 

He seemed to have her full attention as the two of them sat in front of each other. 

"She used to be bullied allot,and people laughed at her when she said she was going to be the first female Hokage... And all of a sudden,she had a much more important responsibility; to be the jinchuriki of the Nine Tails." Whoever he was talking about didn't even sound familiar. 

Mikoto knew it wasn't her mother,she knew enough to know that her mother wasn't bullied... Well,as far as she knew. 

"Years had passed,and the man she married became the village's next hero... The leader! This woman had twins,and because someone wanted my power,they attacked right after she gave birth to these twins... But she didn't give up!" 

Mikoto's heart started beating faster,despite her not knowing why. She didn't know if this was made up,but whatever it was he was saying,got to her. 

"She fought,along with her husband,and despite her being in so much pain,she was happy that she had the chance to save her children. She was happy that when she gave up her life for her children,she'd die knowing that they'd both be strong and respected,and even if they weren't,they had each other..." Kurama said,as if this was truly touching him. 

He took yet another look at Mikoto and stared into her eyes,as if he was trying to reach out for something. 

"This probably isn't real-" 

"This woman is your grandmother," Kurama interrupted. "Your grandmother whom died at a very young age because she fought with her feelings! Your grandfather became the Fourth Hokage and he too was in much greater pain,Mikoto."

"What's your point,Kurama?" Mikoto almost shouted,looking aggressively at him. Kurama kept his calm,not moving a single muscle as he spoke. 

"My point is that you need to understand loss. You need to embrace it,not push it."

"What?-"

"The more you keep yourself inhuman,the more pain you'll bare later... Pain is what makes us all human,it's what makes us love and it's what motivates us. Just like it motivated your mother and her parents... Your father had to witness seeing his entire clan slaughtered,but at last he understood love because of one certain person..."