Himawari's Strength

Mikoto looked up at Shikadai,and she saw just now,at this very moment,that he had changed more than she had anticipated. 

He'd cut off his hair,he'd gotten bigger and taller,and he had a different look in his eyes when he looked at Kawaki. A look of anger,wrath and blood lust. 

Shikadia looked down at Mikoto whom was still shocked yet filled with a certain relief and love. He crouched and took of his jacket,putting on her bare shoulders. 

"I'm sorry I'm late." he whispered,his eyes not meeting hers quite yet as he got back up. 

Was he intending on fighting Kawaki? Why wasn't he even shocked about the dead bodies all around him? Why wasn't he reacting to her bloody clothes? Why was he giving her such a warm vibe? Why did he accept her like this... 

"You got what you wanted,didn't you?" Shikadai questioned Kawaki. "Are you happy now?"

Kawaki smirked as he looked at Shikadai,the one he never got along with. "Nothing you'd like to hear." 

Shikadai shook his head as he looked around. Maybe he thought Kawaki had killed these bodies? Well,that'd be illogical but still. 

"What's the meaning of this,Kawaki?" Shikadai said as he walked towards Kawaki. Mikoto hoped and begged that he wasn't going to fight Kawaki. Luckily,he stood close up in front of Mikoto. She wanted to get up and fight,but after fighting so many people,she felt like she needed a little rest considering the Akatsuki members were actually very strong. 

"I have never really been on your side,Shikadai,nor Mikoto's," Kawaki said,the words hitting Mikoto. "I've always been on Narumi's side."

"That wasn't her." Shikadai. "That was Erai."

"Exactly." Kawaki said with a smile worse than the devil's. "I was never one of you,I've always belonged to the Otsutsuki." 

Mikoto once again felt her heart shrink,bit by bit,with every word that Kawaki said,she felt her heart shrink. Why?

Why was he saying this? Why did he use her like that? Why was he even with her? And did he truly love her? Did he ever feel anything for her? 

"I thought we were both aiming for one thing," Shikadai said,as it started to rain on his now short hair. "I thought both of us were aiming to protect Mikoto. To keep her safe,especially you. Why are you doing this,Kawaki?!" Shikadai shouted as his eyes got darker. 

He was mad.. No,he was furious. For Mikoto's sake,he was furious. 

"You pushed her to own the darkest parts of herself,you turned her into yourself! She was never like this,until you came! So,are you happy,Kawaki? Are you happy with the damage you've done?!" 

Shikadai was just about to attack him,just about to aim for Kawaki,but Mikoto could not let that happen. She could never let him attack him,knowing he might get hurt. Knowing both of them might get hurt. 

So she tugged on his pants,making him stop. Pleading him to stop by making that move. 

"Don't."  Mikoto pleaded.  

But he walked away anyways,a smile on his lips as he did.

 "Don't worry." 

Boruto's POV;

Boruto woke up seeing that Shikadai wasn't there,seeing that Mitsuki was watching as the rain poured down the clouds that looked completely like the sky at dawn despite it being quite late. Why wasn't Shikadai here though? 

"Mitsuki.." Boruto said,still struggling to fully wake up. "What's going on? Where's Shikadai?" Boruto asked,luckily they were sheltered by this big tree so they weren't soaked.