Blood Of My Blood

Dying is peaceful. Dying is something that is both scaring and natural for the soul..It's the body being reborn again at a new start after a long and cheering life. 

But for some people death takes a twisting point... 

Mikoto knew she was playing a dangerous game right now,dying and at the same time being alive in her own mind was a dangerous thing to do. She could end up like her mother. 

Except she has Shikadai to guide her. She will guide him and he in return will guide her,that's how the Yin and Yang bond works. 

Kurama,Mikoto thought, I'm scared.

And it's true...She was frightened of what might happen,but not to her nor Shikadai,she was just afraid of what this world could hold. A world she'd never been to. 

Mikoto felt a sudden air brush against her skin as she and Shikadai got up. 

"You took us right here?" Shikadai asked,a bit surprised as she heard it. Mikoto looked at him,nodding. 

"My rinnegan can connect with my mothers. She is my blood,after all." Although finding this place took enormous time and chakra. Mikoto had to die and be alive in her own mind only so that she could transfer to this place which was huge. She had to find the right spot where she felt the tiniest bit of chakra. 

"Do you feel the chakra?" she asked Shikadai,looking at him as he examined the place with fascination. She almost forgot that this was his first time here,otherwise she reacted the same. 

This place wasn't exactly a desert..It was quite beautiful with creatures out of their imagination. Little creatures that looked like pixies,flowers that shone like glitter and the sky was a shade of purple and pink,the moon still visible somehow. But this moon looked different,it shone in a different way and had a certain beauty to it that the moon on earth didn't have. 

"This place...-"

"It's beautiful,but let's not be fooled...I've been attacked more than I can count." And it's true. Mikoto had been attacked enough by the creatures lurking in the shadows of the bushes. 

"No,I know this place."

"What?" Mikoto looked at him with shock and raised an eyebrows. "How?" 

"I've dreamt about it...Several times,I just never thought my dreams could give me a sign."

"Why didn't you tell me-"

"Like I said," Shikadai interrupted. "I didn't think it was important. A dream is a dream,right?" he said,looking roughly at her,his eyes glaring sadly at her. He looked angry,yet very sad. 

They started walking,and as they did there was utter silence... Awkward was the right word to put it with. 

Until Mikoto decided to break it,but not because it was awkward,but because she had to say something that she expected Shikadai to promise her. 

"Promise me," Mikoto said. "That whatever happens,you'll save yourself and not me." She felt his look glaring at her back. Whether it was anger or anything she didn't quite know. 

"I can't."

"I know what my father said to you." Mikoto said quickly,keeping her walk straight. "And we have to think logically here,Shikadai." 

"What do you mean by that?" 

"I mean that you have something I never really did. Despite knowing that I have someone I can call a mother I never really knew what my actual mother would be like. I only know that my real mother wants to kill me." 

"Mikoto-"

"But that day,when I fought her... She helped me." Mikoto turned around and looked at him as she spoke. 

But just the thought of it all had made her cry before,and now...

Now she didn't even budge. 

Shikadai's POV;

He didn't know what was more tragic... Mikoto being ready to die for her biological mother or Mikoto's eyes looking like they were shattered by a block of ice. 

"She helped me," Mikoto repeated. "She stopped the fire from burning Boruto or anyone else...She controlled my powers. And that day I saw how her eyes changed... There was a spark in them,and I know that that's the way I'll get to know if she's the real one." 

"You speak of a spark..." Shikadai suddenly said,looking into her cold blue eyes that he barely recognized anymore. He honestly couldn't see the spark he once had seen before. 

"But where's your spark?" 

"What?" 

"Since you've been with Kawaki,you've lost your sanity."

"I did that to save you."

"You did it because you're scared." Shikadai said,whom had been thinking this through for a long time now. 

"I killed my first victim for you-"

"Don't turn this to me,Mikoto."  he said,narrowing his eyes. "I know you! You don't have to kill others and lose pieces of yourself with every kill! That's not the way to prepare to kill Narumi!" 

"I'm planning on saving her."

"Yet,you still have a plan B,right?" 

Sasuke's POV;

This is the most dangerous thing Sasuke's ever done in his entire life.  Well,most likely agreed to... He couldn't believe that he agreed to let his own daughter die and trusting Sakura to keep them alive in their minds. 

"How long is this process?" Sasuke asked Sakura. Naruto,Hn and Izuka were right beside them as Shikamaru was on the opposite side with Choji,Ino and Lee. 

Shikadai and Mikoto were on the ground,holding hands as their eyes were closed in the little circle made of salt to protect them both. 

"Last time Mikoto did this it took her fourteen hours to find the right place." Sakura said,keeping her hands firmly on both of their heads. 

"Can you really manage more than that,Sakura?" Hinata asked. "It will drain you."

"I'll manage..." Sakura said,smiling. "I'll do whatever it takes to save Narumi." And that's the weird part...

Sasuke loved Narumi. Despite everything that's happened,he loved and still does love her through the years.  He would never stop loving the mother of his child and the love of his life... He would never stop loving Narumi. 

But the two of them had been ready to give up their lives to save Mikoto's. Sasuke even remembered that the minute he saw Mikoto,he would even be ready to use Narumi as a human shield to protect Mikoto. 

Mikoto was everything that he had left,and the person who mattered the most. 

"Sasuke." Shikamaru said,looking at him with a dry smile. "Stop worrying so much."

"I'm not-"

"They're not going to die. Shikadai and Mikoto have lived through things even we couldn't beat at their age...They'll survive."

"Narumi is allot stronger-"

"And the two of them can be even stronger than her." Ino suddenly said to Sasuke,her eyes watching him carefully. Ino somehow always knew what to say... After all,she was one of the last persons to see Narumi alive.

"They are our kids," Ino said. "They ought to fight and survive,just like we did through every situation. The new generation is always better,Sasuke."

For some reason,when Ino said that,all Sasuke could think about was when Narumi got stabbed the day Mikoto was born. Despite her being stabbed,she got up and fought until death. She used every single ounce of her energy to save Mikoto. 

And maybe now Mikoto would use every ounce to get her mother and the love of Sasuke's life back.