Kawaki

Mikoto sat by the river,finally able to take a bath. Luckily,this water was clean enough for her to take a bath in. She just really needed to clean up a little. 

Considering it's been three days of running and fighting,Mikoto truly needed this. In her little back pack she had soap,which she could wash her body and clothes with. 

Getting into the water felt heavenly,and mostly just like a spa. She knew it obviously wasn't a spa,but she couldn't help feeling like it was. This was the most wonderful thing in days... Feeling the clean water soaking on her skin as she washed her body with the lavender soap.. 

Luckily,she had already washed her clothes,so she didn't need to worry about it. Besides,her clothes would be dry considering the sun. 

There was a waterfall ahead of her and Mikoto decided to go to the waterfall. Shikadai has ensured her that he and Mitsuki would make sure no one would come close to the waterfall. 

Mikoto trusted them. 

But whatever it was she was hearing now,it wasn't an animal. 

"You have pretty good hearing." She turned around furiously and her eyes met a pair of grey eyes. 

Kawaki. 

"And a pretty good body,if I may say so myself." Mikoto immediately felt embarrassed and hid her body. She quickly ran to get her clothes and teleported in the last minute. 

"What the hell Kawaki?!" Mikoto shouted,her eyes glaring at him. "Get out of here!" 

He jumped from where he was standing and was now in front of her,his hands in his pockets. 

Mikoto hid her body with her clothes,still glaring at him. "WOULD YOU MIND TURNING AROUND?!" She roared. And he did,without any further comment. 

Mikoto stared at him,slowly taking on her clothes as she looked at him. What he hell could he possibly want?

"You better give me an explanation,you have three seconds before I kill you on the spot." Mikoto threatened. 

"I was simply walking around,until I saw you."  Mikoto just looked at him,feeling slightly like she wanted to slit his throat out. But right now,in his eyes,there was an innocence she couldn't deny. Was he that dense? 

"You can't just walk in one me when I'm naked!" She said. 

"Hypothetically,I can." he said,looking around. "It's a free land,isn't it? And I have a reason for it." Really? He walked closer to her. 

"And trust me," he said as he kept walking towards her,Mikoto taking steps back. "I've seen women naked before. You're not the first." 

At last,Mikoto was against the cliff and Kawaki was right in front of her. 

"Although I can't deny you have the greatest body I've seen." Mikoto just about to slap him right across the face but he caught her wrist and was close enough so that she could feel his breath on her neck. 

"Do you really hate me that much,Mikoto Uchiha?" 

"Yes."

"Why?"

"Because I feel something odd within you."

"But it's just you,isn't it? No one else feels it."

"I'm not stupid." Mikoto said as she looked into his eyes. "I hate you,I always will,and nothing will ever change that."

"Not even Shikadai?" 

"What?"

"I see the way you're looking at him." Kawaki said,smirking as he let her hand go. His hands were above her shoulders,touching the hard cliff. He was allot taller than her,but then again everyone was allot taller than Mikoto. 

"I-"

"You also seem to look at me the same way right now." Mikoto widened her eyes and pushed him away. 

For some reason,she knew there was a certain truth to it. But she was denying it. 

"I won't ever see you as a friend." She said,turning around. She felt Kawaki following her every move as she took up her shoes,putting them on.

"Not ever-" Suddenly,Kawaki pushed her away and she hit one of the cliffs,hard. But before she could even see it,Kawaki had taken down a guy with black hair with a dark cloak on him,on the ground next to Kawaki there was a kunai. 

The man already seemed to be unconscious. 

"And this is the reason I came for." Kawaki said,dropping the man to the ground. Mikoto stared,partly scared and partly shocked. 

Did he just save her?

"I wasn't watching you showering," Kawaki said. "I was doing what your team mates never could do; protect you."

"Is that how you plan on earning my trust?" Mikoto said,getting up on her feet. "You save me once and think that I'll fall into your arms like a weakling?" Mikoto started walking,her clothes wet from her body.

"It takes allot more than that,Kawaki." Suddenly,he took a hold of her hand. 

She stopped,but didn't look at him. For seconds none of them spoke,just bitter quiet,like an heavy axe upon them. 

Mikoto got chills just by his touch,but refused to look at him.. She refused to,cause whenever she looked into his eyes,it felt like she was being compelled into trusting him. 

"I've decided to give the shinobi another chance." he finally said. "I became one to see the life of one,but you're....different."

Different? What is he playing at? 

"You attack me with an intent to kill," he said. "But that's because you feel what I am."

"Are you admitting?" 

"I'm changing."

"Not working." Mikoto said,pulling away from him as she walked away. 

Shikadai's POV;

Shikadai sat on the wooden tree and looked at his kunai. He wondered if he could ever surpass his limits. 

"Are you going to tell her?" 

"What?" Shikadai asked as he looked at Mitsuki's snake eyes. "Tell who?"

"That you love her?" Shikadai smiled kindly and looked down at the ground. He wasn't going to deny anything,there was no use. Mitsuki was too smart to not notice this.. 

"Why would I do that?"

"She clearly loves you,too." Shikadai looked at him now. What was he even saying?

"What?" Mitsuki took up his own kunai and looked at the blades. "Why would you say that,Mitsuki?" 

"Because when you got hurt,she was the one who sat by your side day and night. She never blinked an eye,she also blamed herself for what happened to you." He knew that Mikoto blamed herself.. 

But he never knew she was by his side at the hospital. To even think that Mikoto would spend her days with him,to just look at him sleeping.. 

"She held your hand,slept beside you,ate and waited until you woke up. That's why she's training so hard."

"It's not because of me."

"It is though." Mitsuki said as he smiled. "Why do you think the necklace chose you?" 

"Team work?" Mitsuki shook his head. 

"I know what the necklaces are,and I've seen such before. They chose the two people that are completely different from each other but fit perfectly together. They chose those with a love so strong it's impossible to describe,whether it's romantic or just pure love."