The Devil's Flash

Now to what Shikadai had thought all along. 

Kawaki had clearly betrayed them and made Mikoto fall in love with him to get her on his side. Maybe the thought that if Mikoto loved him enough,she would join his side which was Narumi's operation of the Akatsuki...

And there Mikoto was,sitting on that rock near the water. She had acted like it was nothing that bothered her,as if she was happy to be back... 

But Shikadai knew her,and he knew she was hurting. She came here to talk to whomever it was she wanted to send her message to.

"For how long are you going to keep looking out for me,Shikadai?" He expected her to know he was here,but somehow...

He wanted her to know. 

Shikadai got out from the forest to the clear path of grass near the river. She had short hair now,cutting it off during the fight,he'd guess. So he stopped and looked at her,which made her look away.

"I will always come for you." Shikadai said as he walked closer and closer to her. "I will always run to you,just like I have every time I know you're in trouble."

"Stop-"

Shikadai took a hold of her hand and turned her around ,bringing her hand close to his face. 

"Never," Shikadai said seriously,glaring into her blue eyes that seemed so depressed. "I will never stop."

"Shikadai-"

"Hear me out."  Shikadai said as he crouched,her hand in his. "I can never let you go. I made a promise,remember?"

"Just because of that? A promise-"

"I said hear me out," Shikadai interrupted. "I'm doing this because I feel like a side of me is empty without you. When I'm there to protect you,I feel complete. I am complete with you by my side,Mikoto!" He touched her cheek with his other hand,still glaring at her.

Why could she not understand how much he loved her? Why could she not understand that he would never betray her like Kawaki did?

"I will kill Kawaki for what he did to you. I know that what he did to the village was worse,betraying them and even planning your death with that Akatsuki bomb,but I don't care about the village! I will always chose you." 

Mikoto just looked at him,her now short hair slowly blown away by the wind. 

"I love you,okay?" Shikadai said,his head leaning on her knees. "I love you,and I always will... I've loved and still do love you so much,and every single day I am afraid of losing you. I know that being around you drives me completely nuts,yet not being with you...still drives me completely nuts!"

"Shikadai-"

"I can't even-"

"Shikadai!" Mikoto took a hold of his cheeks and made him look up at her,which made his heart skip a beat. Since when could she look like a such an angel? She had never given Shikadai such a smile before,never!

It shocked him. 

"I must tell you something,which I've never said before." Mikoto said as her soft eyes looked kindly at him. Was she about to say something absolutely horrible? 

"I got jealous of you when you went on a date with Sumire..When you started dating Akira. I was jealous,and I was blind of how much I should've appreciated you. I tried to tell myself that I didn't love you,that I didn't care. But with every step I took,I always truly wanted you. I've loved you for a long time..."

"But?" Shikadai said,knowing there was more to it.

"But I learned this thing that I can do with my sword." Mikoto said just as she looked up at the sky and took away her hand. Suddenly,there was something different about her as she pulled away.