Owners of Yin&Yang

Mikoto's POV;

She knew that if Kato hadn't gotten Shikadai it would've gone for Boruto. And if anything happened to Boruto,or Himawari for that fact,she would kill every living enemy in this entire world.. 

She would probably lose her mind. 

And Himawari.. She's still just a genin,a student at the Academy. 

Mikoto sat near the wood and practiced.. She felt like her eyes were brand new. She could see better,and feel things she couldn't feel before. She felt stronger,and her eye abilities were far heightened now. 

Kurama gave her allot of examples as well. And to be honest,Mikoto felt very protective of Kurama. Mainly because he showed her memories of her mother,and often talked about how she was.. 

Mikoto opened her eyes,using just her mangekyo sharingan. She could actually chose her own eye states,but it had taken her weeks to learn this. 

Her father had tried to help her,giving her tips,and even Izuka and Tadashi tried to help her. Well,Tadashi,her cousin,possessed the byakusharingan,just like his father. But he couldn't alter any higher states of the eye. 

The Namikaze truly are fascinating,she thought. 

Mikoto focused on one point of a tree with her eyes. "Amaterasu."

Black fire started to burn on the tree,and immediately Mikoto got up and but her hand together as she breathed in the black fire. She took her blade from her back and breathed on the blade just as flashes of lightning and the black fire mixed on the blade. 

As soon as she smashed the blade into the ground,the whole ground started to burn with the flames of the amaterasu and the lightning strikes of her elemental power. 

This was a jutsu she had been practicing on for weeks,needing to manipulate the wind an having to inhale the flames of the amaterasu which had hurt her quite allot of times. 

"Try to make the amaterasu and the lightning go wider on the field." 

Mikoto was sweating,she had done so many different jutsu's today that she barely could do anything else. She was difinitely at her limit with her chakra. 

"I can't!" She hissed as the amaterasu burned on the training field. 

"Mikoto!" Naruto's voice cut deep through her mind. "Be strong! Go beyond your limit,let your mind pass through that limit!"

"I can't!" she repeated as her heart started beating violently,but she did as she was said. 

"A little more,Mikoto!" Sakura said to her. "Just a little more,you can do it!" 

And this time,it was like she was pushing her conscious mind to a black hole above her own limits. It was like she was transferring her mind elsewhere. 

And then she pushed all of her strength into the blade. 

She could literally feel how the amaterasu and the lightning widened around the field,into the ground. 

Shikadai's POV;

He had watched from a distance,and was right when he thought he might sit in the trees. He and Mitsuki watched her as she trained,and it was truly fascinating. 

Over these past weeks she had been nothing but remarkable. 

"She's growing stronger." Mitsuki said as he ate one of the food pills Mikoto had attempted to do. They weren't bad considering she got allot of help from Sakura. 

"She's definitely stronger." Shikadai agreed. And it was true.. 

She did jutsu that only the Hokage,Sakura or Sasuke himself only could do. Obviously,that's why the three of them were standing there with her,teaching her everything they knew. And he knew why,too. 

"Truth to be told..." Mitsuki said. "All of us are growing stronger because of the rumors. Learning new jutsu everyday,getting better and better... Sakura's daughter,Sarada,even got the sharingan and her byakogou."

"Sarada will be as strong as her brother,Tadashi.." 

"Well,Izuka is their father,and he is quite a genius."

"Everyone in the great ninja war were a couple of genius'." 

And soon,they were going to be the new generation of genius.

Naruto's POV;

Just like Mikoto,Boruto was developing somewhat the same thing. But it wasn't a sharingan,or a byakugan. 

But more likely a tenseigan on just one eye. 

Each day,Borut was growing stronger and stronger.. And as the days went by,he and Mikoto started training more and more. 

It made Naruto think of the days where he and Narumi trained,just like the two of them. Sometimes,Himawari would join in on them. But she barely had the same amount of capacity to do what the two of them were capable to do. 

Boruto and Mikoto grew closer and closer,and they always have been close. But this was different.. They had a way of communicating,a way of talking to each other during battle. And also an understanding that no one else had. 

It's like...like the two of them were stronger with each other. 

So Naruto tried to put it to the test. 

He gave his Yang necklace to Boruto,and of course one to Mikoto (she had been given Narumi's necklace at birth,but Naruto saw it way too risky for Mikoto to wear it at the time),which was Yin. Naruto and Narumi never knew it,but those necklaces always protected them,because the necklace works only on them who are truly identical. In soul. 

And just like he thought... 

"I always that Boruto and Mikoto were the ones that had been meant for the necklaces.." 

"But?" Shikamaru asked as Kakashi stood beside Naruto and  Sakura and Sai stood next to Shikamaru,curious. The two of them had been called in,because Naruto needed to tell this. Not because it was dangerous,just because the four of them might have an idea. 

"But I was wrong." Naruto said,twirling his hands as he stood in front of his desk. Paper was everywhere on the floor,the desk,the shelves...Pretty much,and fairly enough,everywhere. 

"What we know about the necklaces is that it works only on those who are pretty much the same," Naruto said shortly,not as professionally as he wanted it to be. "But the moment your son came near that necklace,it tore of Boruto's neck right in Shikadai's palm."

Naruto looked at his friend Shikamaru,and well.. He must've gotten the wrong idea by Naruto saying that. 

"Shikadai stole it-"

"No." Naruto said quickly,nervously laughing. 

"What Naruto is saying," Kakashi said. "Is that the necklace started working when Shikadai and Mikoto were both wearing it when we put the Yin and Yang together."

"What does that even mean?" Naruto asked just as Kakashi slapped him on the back of the head. Naruto knew he couldn't be that dense,but sometimes he said things out loud without actually thinking. 

"It means that somehow..." Sakura said,her eyes blank. "They're linked together,just like Naruto and Narumi."