Pacify her

Mikoto looked her mother in the eyes,seeing the sharingan and the byakugan. But she had a rinnegan of her own,and right now... 

She was going to sacrifice anything to save the people in this village,cause this isn't about her. It's about the people,the lives that are set at risk. 

"You've never killed anyone,have you?" 

"What does that matter to you?" Mikoto questioned as she narrowed her eyes. "I would rather be a shinobi of peace and never kill anyone unless I have to,and it seems like I might have to kill a few today."

"You'll never do it."

"Try me." 

Shikamaru's POV;

He thought that she might not fight her,but he hadn't seen when she almost got attacked. 

And now,finally... She would show her true self. Her true power against her biological mother. 

Mikoto was in Sage mode and even used Kurama's chakra as a resource. And now there she was,her black hair looking like it shielded her,her blue illuminating eyes nor replaced by the powerful rinnegan. 

And surprisingly enough,they weren't using any jutsu. Mikoto and Narumi were using taijutsu. To be honest,Shikamaru expected Mikoto to get hit at least once since Narumi was one of the greatest shinobi's to live. 

But she didn't get hit. Not even once. 

"She's restraining." Mitsuki almost scared Shikamaru,but luckily didn't. 

"What do you mean?" Shikamaru asked,looking at Narumi. And just now he saw it. "Oh,you mean Narumi?"

"Both of them are restraining,especially Narumi Uzumaki." And just now,Shikamaru could actually see it. 

They were giving in,of course.. The whole meaning were for them to hit each other,and they weren't afraid. But both of them seemed to be restrained. Cause there was something in Narumi's eyes that changed the minute Mikoto started fighting. 

"Shikamaru,we have to go.." Mitsuki said. "The villagers are going to get hurt if we just watch Mikoto fight."

"I can't just-"

"She has Boruto," Mitsuki said. "He's just as strong as all of us."  Of course,Shikamaru knew that.

But for some reason,just the thought of leaving Mikoto scared him. She was fighting only the strongest shinobi,and he didn't feel like leaving her. He didn't feel like leaving at all. 

"Shikamaru." But then again...

"Let's go."

He trusted Mikoto enough to let her handle this. Shikamaru wished to follow Mikoto's desires,and he knew that if he interfered,she would be disappointed. 

She earns his trust,just like he earned hers.

Mikoto's POV;

Mikoto stared at Narumi,feeling an eager pain in her heart. She had no idea what this pain was,or what it might actually be... She just knew that this person was not her mother.

And she knew that she owe it to the village to save them from this problem. From her. 

"You can't kill me-"

"Do you remember Kurama?" Mikoto suddenly asked just as Boruto stood up next to her,Kato being next to Narumi. 

"What are you blabbering-"

"Kurama remembers your pain,your past and your thoughts." Mikoto said just as she got ready for another phase of chakra. 

"Kurama and you were best friends,Narumi." Mikoto said as she held up two of her fingers in front of her face,as if to release a jutsu. But this was Kurama's sign. "You loved Kurama,he was there for you when no one else was." 

"What does it matter?" Narumi smirked. "He's just another toy in the past,I'm much stronger-"

"He always watched over you,didn't he?" For a minute,Narumi just stared,and Mikoto could've sworn she saw a change in her mothers eyes. In her mothers beautiful and illuminating eyes... She could've sworn she saw a sign of humane feelings. 

"Kurama." Mikoto said just as Kurama's chakra cloaked her in golden kind of fire,a long cape on her and marks on her face,her eyes intensified into a red color. Her sage mode was very different from Naruto's. Mikoto did indeed make a contract with the toads,but her sage appearance was different where she would get blue fire alike marks around her eyes and circling to her forehead. 

This only intensified her. 

"There's no way-"

"I am a jinchuriki too,I can do sage mode and I have the eyes and chakra." Mikoto interrupted as she started walking towards Narumi,sword ready. Narumi was already in sage mode,and just like Mikoto,hers was different. Almost like Sakura's. 

Just like that,suddenly,Mikoto went for an attack,her sword almost hitting Narumi. Narumi did manage to block it though with the help of her own sword. 

As they touched sword they both looked at each other. 

"I will kill you even if it takes every last bit of my soul." Mikoto spat just as she kicked her mother away. 

Mikoto ran a little and jumped up,facing her mother. 

"Chidori!" Mikoto used her rinnegan to teleport and was very quickly near her mother,the sound of chidori piercing through the air. 

Narumi,as expected managed to block the chidori with only one hand when Mikoto was closer than ever... 

But Mikoto had expected it and this was the part where she manipulated her chakra into monster strenght,which would allow the chidori to go along with the chakra force. 

Just as Mikoto did,Narumi went flying back,but very quickly recovered and within a split second was right behind Mikoto. 

This was going to be some fight... 

Mikoto exhaled and turned around quickly,taking a hold of Narumi's hand. 

"I see you've stopped restraining." 

Naruto's POV;

"Get every villager to safety,Himawari! Keep out of trouble!" Naruto said as he started running towards where the chaos was localized. 

All he could think about was Boruto and the others. He knew Boruto was stubborn and would stand up for anybody,but he also knew that Mikoto would do anything to protect him and to keep him safe. 

If he ever got hurt...She would kill anyone,and she hasn't killed anyone in her entire life despite almost being 16. 

Naruto prayed that both of them were safe and he really hoped Hinata was safe too.. The moment Hinata had seen the trouble coming,she had immediately run to the chaos.

But as soon as Naruto reached the scenery of chaos he saw the quite unexpected... 

Mikoto fighting Narumi,Boruto behind her...

And just in that moment,Naruto realized how ready Mikoto was to take her mothers life.