A hint about the child of danger

She felt her father's eyes on her as she and her team were in the Hokage's office. 

The mission had not been a fail,their job was to keep the Prince alive,which they had managed to do very well... Except if Konohamaru sensei hadn't been there then Mikoto probably wouldn't have done it. 

She almost got killed trying to save the Prince. But someone had saved her before Konohamaru sensei came to rescue her. 

But...many of the Prince's guards were killed. 

"You did your best." Her father said to them. "I knew you all tried to do your best,and I did not expect this to happen. Now if I may speak with Mikoto alone."

Her team left as soon as the Hokage spoke his orders,without saying anything. Mikoto knew why. 

Her father got up and walked towards her. 

"Are you alright?"

"I'm okay." Mikoto said,trying to ignore the fact that she thought this attack wasn't for the Prince,but her.. She just had that feeling. 

"Mikoto what happened? I can see it in your eyes.." Mikoto thought about it,and decided to at least unleash something about her mission. 

"I saw a black cape,dad." 

"A black cape?" He laughed a little until he realized that she was serious. 

"Is it really true that your sister had a daughter?" That's when her father's look went completely blank. 

He went to his desk and opened a drawer just seconds later,taking out something that looked like a picture. 

He went towards Mikoto and showed her the picture. 

On the picture was a beautiful woman,with whiskers on her cheeks and blue almost illuminating eyes,and beautiful blonde hair,shining like gold. She was beautiful.. Almost too beautiful. Like a dream,or more likely like an angel. 

"This is her?" Mikoto asked. 

"That is Narumi,yes.."

"She was beauti-"

"She was the most powerful shinobi we could ever ask for,Mikoto." her father said and smiled. "She was strong,smart,beautiful and talented.. But she was also alone."

Mikoto seemed to see herself more in her aunt rather than her father even though they almost looked like each other. But his sister had these features that he didn't have. Her eyes were brighter,and her lips fuller and shaped.

"What happened?"

"She made the right choice." Mikoto looked up at her father,whom was smiling as if he was remembering something. 

"Had she not made that choice,you wouldn't have been here.."

"What's that suppose to mean?"  Mikoto felt her heart beat harder and harder. 

"There's still allot you don't know Mikoto,but you're already starting to get there,and you need to know." 

"Know what,dad? You're kind of creeping me out.."  He walked towards her and crouched,holding her hand. 

"You know I will always love you,right?" Mikoto nodded. "No matter what,you will always have a place in my heart,and your mother,too. You know we both love you very much." And she couldn't say no or doubt it. 

She felt it in her heart that it was true.. From all the memories that she had with her mother and father! She remembered how her mom and her always used to draw together,and go to the park,pick flowers together and play hide and seek,all the singing they did together and the family moments...

"I know." she said,very quietly. 

"You know something about the mission don't you? The ninja's attacked you,not the prince,indeed?" Mikoto nodded,confused as hell... How the hell did he know that? 

"Dad..."

"The man you saw,do you know who he is?" 

"No,but-" 

"Then you may go."

"Just like that?"

"I'm sorry Mikoto,but I've got things to do and you need to attend your mom."

"But,dad,you can't just-"

"Another day,I promise." 

---

Naruto's POV;

Naruto felt like there was never a right time to tell her. She's still just 12,she barely can take care of herself in fight... At 12 Naruto was making sure he'd learn the rasengan correctly ,which Mikoto is still in progress of. 

And Narumi... 

Naruto was sitting with Shikamaru and Ino in his office,and he hadn't talked for several minutes now. But...he was stressed.

"The murders are growing." Naruto finally said after what felt like hours. "She's back,and for what we know she might be stronger than before."

"What do you mean?"

"Death eats off of death." Naruto said calmly,rubbing the temples of his head. "She feeds off the death of her victims." 

"We both know that's not really her," Ino said stubbornly. "It's whatever that's possessing her-"

"She might be gone by now." Naruto interrupted,still calm. "And we've gotten her messages loud and clear,she's here to fight Mikoto."

"Mikoto isn't ready for that yet." Shikamaru pointed out the obvious,what everyone was thinking. "She's only 12."

"It doesn't care." Naruto no longer said Narumi,or her or she.. He preferred to call that monster "it". 

"What are we going to do about it?" Shikamaru said. 

"Stop calling her it!" Ino said bitterly. "Narumi is still in there!"

"She's not!" Naruto screamed,slamming his hands against the table as he stood up from his chair. "She's gone,otherwise she wouldn't fight her own daughter!" 

Ino watched him carefully,it almost looked like she examined him. But he was furious.. He didn't exactly know why. It's been 12 years,but that anger and wrath was still in his heart. 

"Do you really believe that,Naruto?" Ino questioned him quietly with narrowed eyes. "Have you really lost your hope?"  

For a minute he was speechless,didn't know how to reply to that... Of course,he had hope,but he couldn't do anything. Could he? 

"And I thought you never lost hope." Ino said,walking out as the room was left in utter silence. 

Naruto looked down at the floor and his eyes instantly started to change from anger to sympathy and sadness. He sat down slowly.

"I'm sorry about that-"

"Your son knows,Shikamaru." Naruto suddenly said. "He knows about Mikoto,that she's not my daughter.."

"What?"

"The boy talked to Boruto,he started asking questions..." Naruto exhaled,as if this was an unnecessary thing to say,but still something that needed to be said. It almost sounded like Naruto didn't care about this. 

But he did. He did very deeply. 

"I can't have him going around and giving other hints. No one can know about Mikoto being an Uchiha and an Uzumaki. No one can know Sasuke and Narumi are her biological parents."

"Are you certain? My son wouldn't... He couldn't have..." 

"I figured it out,Shikamaru. Just talk to him,nothing more." 

"Of course,lord Hokage."

And with that,Naruto was left alone in his office. 

He didn't even feel the burning tears down his cheeks.