Shikadai's Shattered Apology

Shikadai ran,not even knowing why...

He wanted to say sorry for everything he had ever done. He wanted to apologize for not being there for her when she needed him the most and he also wanted to apologize for being such a jerk to her! 

Why did he have to play it off so cool with her? Why couldn't he just...let himself love her? Why did he always have to be jealous cause she was happy with someone else? 

Why her? 

But he chose to not have any regrets. He chose her. 

Everyone he ran past was looking at him as if he was a lunatic,it were as if his eyes were darkened,covered by an expression that was completely empty. 

At last,until his legs were giving him pain for running like a lunatic,he was in front of Mikoto's house. The first thing he looked at was her room... 

He walked towards the door and knocked three times. He hoped he could just get to talk to her,and with all of his heart,he hoped Mikoto would be the one opening the door. He just hoped... 

Although,he may have gotten his hopes us. 

"Shikadai! What a surprise!" Hinata smiled as she opened the door,gesturing him to come inside the house. Hinata had always been one of Shikadai's favorites. 

"Come inside,please." 

"Thanks." Shikadai said as he entered,taking off his shoes as he followed Hinata to the kitchen,but his eyes were on the stairs up to Mikoto's room. 

Hinata was about to put on tea,but Shikadai wasn't here for this reason..Right? 

"I'm sorry, Mrs.Uzumaki but I must speak with Mikoto...Sorry for troubling you-"

"Don't be silly," Hinata said as she turned to look at him. "I'm just happy you showed up..I was hoping you would." 

With that Shikadai nodded as Hinata gave him permission to walk up to Mikoto's room. He walked up the stairs with a certain feeling in his heart. It almost felt like fear,almost. But he wasn't entirely sure. 

He knew he was nervous for the purpose of Mikoto,but he had to talk to her. He couldn't keep this up anymore. 

At last he was in front of her door,and all he could really think was that Mikoto was in there... She was inside,and God knew how she was. 

But one thing was for sure.. She knew he was here.

He wanted to knock,but he didn't. 

Shikadai leaned his back on the wall next to the door,his eyes looking down at the floor and his hands in his pockets. 

"Am I not welcome?" Shikadai said quietly. And it was quiet,but he knew she was listening. He knew that she was close.. He could just feel her,he didn't know how or why,but he could feel that she was closer than ever. 

"You can't blame yourself for what happened,Mikoto.." Shikadai said as he slowly turned to the door again,his hands on the door. 

"I made her a promise,and I almost broke it..." Shikadai whispered,but loud enough for her to hear. At that moment,Shikadai could almost feel her touch on the door. 

"I promised her to save you every time you need a hero. I promised her I'd be there for you.. I made promises I almost broke. And I know I might be late,but I'm here to say it anyway.." Shikadai closed his eyes and prepared himself for the worse or the better. 

He just...He wanted her to know everything he'd longed to say. 

"It's not your fault Narumi died." he began,saying it loud and clear. "You can't blame yourself because she decided to save you. I know you would've done the same thing for anyone. Imagine if Boruto blamed himself if you saved him? Imagine little Himawari blaming herself? You did nothing wrong,Mikoto,you tried to save her standing up to a Lord of Death. Not many can do that.. And if you're going to blame yourself,then I am just as much to blame." Was that all he wanted to say?