Uzumaki Love

Mikoto had returned to her body,and so had Shikadai...But Mikoto had brought one more body with her. 

After what just happened,she just couldn't leave her mother there. She didn't have the heart to leave Narumi despite the fact that she was already dead. 

Mikoto thought she was going to feel at least a little better by killing Erai,but she felt nothing. It was like her heart was numb to every feeling that was trying to crack through. It was like she had built up a wall between her feelings and her heart. 

Well,not really,but for the moment being. 

As Mikoto held her mothers body in her arms,everyone in the Hokage's office seemed to be awfully quiet. Not that she cared. 

"Mikoto-" Shikadai stopped Tadashi,Sakura's son and Mikoto's cousin,to go any closer to her as Boruto and Himawari were behind him. 

But Mikoto didn't care,she just sat on the floor,holding Narumi's body and looking up at everyone at last. Why wasn't she able to cry? Why did she feel like everything inside of her had vanished into total numbness? 

Mikoto laid Narumi's body on the floor as she got up on her feet and looked at her father whom wouldn't even meet her eyes. 

"Mikoto you're hurt,you have cuts and wounds everywhere. We have to get you help-" Sakura was just about to take a hold of Mikoto's hand to get her some help,but with the look that Mikoto gave her was enough for Sakura to back away. 

Mikoto started walking until she was shoulder next to shoulder with her father. 

"I'm sorry I couldn't take everyone home alive." Mikoto said,but the way she said was the scariest part. She said it without any kind of hints of emotions,she was like a blank white paper. 

Shikadai's POV;

A part of himself hated himself for being so damn late.. He should've just come along with her form the start. 

But what else could he have done except for killing Erai's soldiers? Sure,Shikadai could hold off Erai,but Shikadai wasn't strong enough to kill Erai on his own. 

And now Mikoto was walking away like nothing had ever affected her. 

"Take the body away." Sasuke said,not even looking at the woman who was the mother of his child. Which was odd,since all Shikadai ever heard from the stories was how strong Sasuke's and Narumi's love for each other were. 

"Sasuke," Naruto said,his hand on his friends shoulder. He looked at Kakashi and nodded. "Take her away and I want you to find the most beautiful chamber for her."  

Shikadai noticed that as Kakashi was about to pick up Narumi,he kind of had a hard time actually picking her up. And in the last second... 

"Wait." The faint voice,the sweet and delicate voice... Soft like the air itself,sweet like only the sweetest candy. 

It was Narumi speaking,and as she did,Sasuke just seemed to fall down to his knees. He seemed to helplessly fall down to his knees and didn't even know if he could touch her hand. It looked like he was afraid she might break if he laid a finger on her. 

Naruto was on her other side,closing his eyes hard as he seemed to concentrate. 

"Naruto...Sasuke..." And suddenly,her eyes opened. 

That's when Shikadai saw that Mikoto had the exact same eyes with a lighter shade of blue. Her eyes looked to tired and wise,it looked as if she had lived more than any of them,as if she was here to lecture them on life. 

Tired,wise and beautiful eyes. Narumi truly was a beauty and Mikoto had gotten this beauty from her mother. 

"Yes?" Naruto said as he slowly touched the finger tips of her fingers. 

It surprised Shikadai more than ever to see that Narumi even had the power to raise her palms on her brothers and lovers cheeks and hold her hands there. Narumi should be dead...She shouldn't even be able to open her eyes nonetheless move and speak. 

"You've both grown to be fine...men." she whispered,her hands slowly going down to the sides of her hips again as tears started to build up in her eyes. 

"I won't make it...this..time." she breathed out and touched her wound that was still bleeding. "I just want to say a few last words...before I die." 

"Sakura!" Sasuke roared,tears clearly covering his eyes. "You have to heal her! Maybe she'll make it! You have to-" 

"Sasuke," Narumi said weakly. "I'm poisoned,not even Sakura can help me,it's demon poison..And I'm ready to die this time-"

"Don't say that!" Naruto said,his face darker than ever. "Don't-"

"Hear me out,please..It's my only wish,brother."

For a moment everyone was silent just as Narumi had a little smile of satisfaction on her face,a smile that seemed to prove how happy she seemed to be at this moment. 

"Sasuke," she whispered as she looked at Sasuke,blood running from her mouth now. "I love you,I always have and I always will. But please,move on and be happy. Do it for me...Do it for Mikoto. And Naruto...You were always my favorite person on earth,my beloved brother. And I'm sorry for causing so much trouble..."  With every word she said,it seemed to affect Shikadai more and more. 

Shikadai saw that even as Narumi spoke of his father,Shikamaru bit his teeth and closed his eyes. Everytime he looked like he was troubled,he was sad and was having a hard time coping. This meant that Shikadai's father and Mikoto's father knew each other very well. 

But then something very unexpected happened. 

"Shikadai." His name came out of her mouth like she already knew him,but the fact that they've never met is something he couldn't put his mind into. 

However,out of respect,he walked up to her and crouched. "Yes?" Narumi gestured him to come closer as she whispered in his ear.

"You came to save her today," Narumi said as tears started rolling down her cheeks. "And I wish you would save her in every situation,please. Take good care of her,and love her when she feels like no one else will. Please. And tell her,I will be watching over her and that I love her so much."

Mikoto's POV;

No one knew and no one heard her,but she was clearly still hearing everything they were saying.. And she had woken up.. 

She had woken up and it hurt every bit of Mikoto as she stood behind the door,her teeth gritted and her eyes watery,burning with tears she refused to let out. But she couldn't help it... She felt so weak,felt like everything had gone to waste. 

She leaned on the door,her head looking up at the ceiling as she slowly fell down to the floor and cried. 

At this rate,she just wanted Kawaki to embrace her. She wanted Kawaki to come and love her.. She needed Kawaki. 

Or at least that's what she thought she needed. 

But what she really needed was her family. However,she couldn't face them after failing them. She just couldn't. 

"If you're up there," Mikoto cried silently,pretending that maybe God would hear her prayer..Maybe,just for once,he would be kind enough to save her. To save Narumi. 

"Then please save her...If you're real and if you can hear me,then please.. Let her live." 

But it was just another hopeless thing Mikoto did. 

It was jut something so that she could feel better about herself,cause from this day on,Mikoto would never be herself again. From this day on,she swore to herself that whoever was in trouble,she'd give her all and risk her life on the line. 

She'd give her life to save her close and loved once...She swore it. 

The hatred of an Uchiha would never enter the heart,so instead Mikoto let the warmth of an Uzumaki fill her heart. 

A Ninja's Daughter (Naruto fanfic, Sequel to Ninja Heart)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें