Twenty Three ~

Dan's pov

          "Dan?" She asked. I looked up at her and then around the room trying to understand what was going on fully. For a moment, a short one, I didn't remember anything. I didn't know where I was or who was sitting next to me. But then, I remembered everything. I smiled at Aria and gripped tightly on her hand.
"Hello beautiful." I whispered. She smiled widely and leaned in kissing me gently being careful not to hurt me. Phil smiled and put his hand on my shoulder before going to get the doctor. They both came back into the room and the doctor looked me over.
"Can you tell me your full name?" He asked.
"Daniel James Howell." I replied.
"And can you tell me the full name of the person to your right?" He asked referring to Aria.
"Aria Elisabeth Winston." I said smiling at her. He looked at my pupils and asked me to move my right arm, then my left one, and the same with my legs.
"How many fingers am I holding up?" He asked.
"Three." I replied. He paused for a moment and then smiled.
"Everything seams to be in check..." He said. "We have to do a few more tests but Dan, it looks like you are cancer free." I saw a tear roll down Aria's cheek as she smiled deeply at me.
"Thank you." I said to the doctor. Aria leaned in and kissed me again.
"Best birthday present ever." She whispered before pulling away from me. I smiled back at her and lifted my arm up, tangling my hand her her hair.
"God, I am so lucky..." I said quietly. I rested my hand on her cheek and smiled at her deeply. She smiled back at me and her cheeks turned a reddish pink color.

We talked to the doctor for a little longer about what I would have to do when I got home and how my recovery was going to work. After that, I decided to tweet and tell everyone I was gunna be alright.
'Just got out of surgery, cancer free. More explanation later, I love you guys'
I clicked tweet and shut my phone off, knowing I wasn't supposed to look at screens too much. I couldn't do anything really. I had to avoid looking at anything too bright, I couldn't get up for more than a few minutes, I was advised to sleep as much as possible. All of which of course was worth it, I wasn't dying anymore.

Aria's pov

Dan had to stay in the hospital for two weeks after surgery. Phil and I made sure to visit everyday to check in on him.
"You guys can have a life you know." Dan laughed. "I'm not going anywhere."
"Dude, you are my life." I said causing us all to laugh.
It had been almost a week and Dan was getting a lot better. He had been getting up on his on and had a lot more energy. I was so glad to finally see him this happy.
"The fans are glad to know that you're okay." I told him. "I posted an update video on your channel."
"You did?" He asked and smiled. "Thanks." I nodded and smiled back at him.
"You scared the shit out of them." Phil laughed. Dan and I both laughed and agreed.
"You scared the shit out of all of us..." I said quietly. Dan looked at me sympathetically and kissed me.
"How's my baby?" He asked looking down at my stomach.
"Well, I had them test how far along I am while you were in surgery, 4 weeks as of today." He smiled at placed his hand on my stomach smiling up at me.
"You guys are gunna be amazing parents." Phil told us.
"Thanks Phil." I said smiling at him.

After another week in the hospital, it was finally time for Dan to come home. Phil and I had spent almost an hour making sure everything was ready. We had to make sure there was nothing on the floor for him to trip on and his room was ready for him to sleep in.
"I think everything is fine." I laughed as Phil continued to frantically run around the house. "Well what if-" He started.
"Phil, let's just go get Dan." I interrupted. "It will be fine." Phil sighed and agreed and we took a cab back to the hospital. When we got there Dan was dressed and had the suitcase Phil and I brought him the week before, packed and ready to go. I walked up to him and wrapped my arms around him gently, having not hugged him in a while. I placed my head on his chest and he smiled and put his arms around my waist, resting his chin on the top of my head.
"You ready?" I asked, my voice muffled slightly into his shirt.
"Of course I am." He replied laughing slightly. I smiled and pulled away from the hug. I took Dan's hand and we left.

     When we got back to the apartment, I helped Dan to the lounge and helped him sit down on the couch.
"You okay?" I asked.
"Yeah I'm fine." He smiled. "My head hurts is all." I nodded and opened his suitcase, grabbing his medication. I handed him the bottle of pills before running to get him a glass of water.
"Thanks." He said smiling. He took two tablets and placed the bottle on the table in front of him.
"You need anything else?" I asked, wanting to make sure he was comfortable.
"Just for my girlfriend to stop worrying and sit down with me." He said. I sighed and smiled at him before sitting down next to him. He put his arm around my shoulder and I rested my head on his chest.
"I missed this." He sighed.
"Me too." I said closing my eyes.

     I must've fallen asleep because when I opened my eyes again I was in Dan's bed with him lying next to me.
"What time is it?" I whined looking over to him.
"Late." He laughed. "You should go back to sleep."
"So should you." I told him trying to keep my distance in case he was in pain.
"I know I'm trying." He said.
"Are you okay?" I asked sitting up slightly and adjusting myself.
"Yea I'm fine just... I don't know... I just can't sleep." He said.
"Is there anything I can do?" I asked genuinely.
"No I'm alright." He smiled turning to face me. He pushed my hair out of my face and kissed me. "Go back to sleep. I'll be fine."
"Are you sure?" I asked.
"Yes love." He laughed. I loved when he called me that. He kissed my nose. "You need some rest, Phil told me you haven't been sleeping much lately." I sighed and smiled at him before lying down and going back to sleep.