Twelve ~

Aria's pov

We were able to bring Dan home after a few more hours in the hospital.
"Aria, I'm fine." He told me. "I'm just gunna sleep anyways, you should go home and do the same."
"Now, do you really think I'm going to do that after what happened earlier?" I asked. "Really?"
"No." He laughed. "But I think you should." His voice was weak and deep like it always is when he's tired. He was barely holding his eyes open but he was still smiling at me.
"Just go to sleep, I'll be fine." I assured him pushing his hair back and kissing his cheek.
"Fine." He sighed. "But you better get some sleep soon too."
"I promise." I said quietly. He nodded his head and closed his eyes as he fell asleep. I rested my head on his chest, still wide awake and listened to his heartbeat. I found myself doing this a lot lately. Just, listening to his heart beating. I found comfort in knowing that it still was.
"Aria?" I heard Phil whisper. I pulled away from Dan's chest and tried to get up but looked down to see that his hand was still tightly gripping mine. Phil noticed and just walked closer to me.
"How is he?" He whispered looking down at Dan.
"Better." I whispered back. "He just finally passed out."
"Good." Phil said. "He needs to rest." I agreed and Phil said goodnight to me before walking out of the room and closing the door. I lied down again gripping Dan's hand a little tighter and smiling. I didn't go to sleep for a while. I just lied there. The only sound in the room was the sound of Dan and I's quiet breath, and It was perfect.

    Dan's pov

         "Your birthdays coming up isn't it?" I asked Aria when we woke up the next morning.
"Yeah. In like a month." She yawned. "But it's not a big deal."
"Of course it's a big deal." I laughed. "You're the most important person in the world." I kissed her lips and smiled at her.
"I'm just turning 23. That's not exactly celebration worthy." She argued.
"I think it is." I told her.
"Oh yeah, and what are we celebrating?" She asked laying her head down on the pillow next to me.
"Hmm...." I thought. "How about the fact that you're twenty three years old and still a midget?"
She hit my arm playfully.
"I am not that short." She laughed.
"You so are." I teased.
"No I'm not you're just gigantic!" She yelled still laughing. I smirked at her inappropriately and she looked at me with a face of shame as if saying 'really? Did you really just make that joke?'
"No." She said pointing her finger in my face. I bit down on it jokingly and she laughed again.
"Phil! Dan's bullying me!" She yelled loud enough for Phil to hear her.
"Please do not involve me in whatever it is you two are doing in there! It's concerning!" He begged. We both laughed and I turned over so I was hovering over Aria.
"Should we give him something to be concerned about?" I asked playfully kissing her neck.
"I think we should." She smirked.

   Aria's pov

       "You guys need to be quieter." Phil complained when Dan and I entered the room. Dan was still in the middle of putting a shirt on but I could see him blushing slightly accompanied by a smirk on his face. "Or at least go to Aria's place instead of here."
"I think you'll survive Phillip." I teased picking up a strawberry from the bowl in his hand and eating it.
"I don't think I will." He joked. "I mean seriously sometimes I wonder if you're okay in there." Dan noticed the redness on my cheeks and walked over to me and Phil.
"That's enough Phil, she looks like she's about to catch on fire." He joked. I stuck my tongue out at him.
"Oh you're gunna pay for that." He joked as he started chasing me. I ran around trying not to fall on my face with all the stuff on the floor before I finally let him catch me. He tickled my hips causing me to bend over laughing. I stood back up straight and looked him the eyes a smile still spread across both of our faces. He grabbed my waist and pulled me closer so our  hips were pressed together and leaned down, kissing me gently.
"You're so beautiful." He whispered kissing my head. I wrapped my arms around his waist and buried my head in his chest.
"You two are so adorable it's almost gross." Phil teased looking over at us before walking out of the room.
"You're such a fangirl!" Dan yelled, turning his head down the hall.

"You know, some of your fans are staring to ship us." I told him a couple of hours later. He was sitting on the couch and I was lying down, my head resting on his lap.
"Are they now?" He smirked. I nodded and played with my bracelet. "Well, should we tell them?"
"Do you want to tell them?" I asked.
"If you're okay with it then yeah." He replied smiling down at me. I sat up and turned my body so I was facing him.
"Of course I'm okay with it." I smiled before pecking his lips. I was glad that Dan was ready to tell the fans about us, even though it had only been a little less than a week. He wasn't ashamed of me.