Thirteen ~

Dan's pov

"Why don't we just tell them in your live show tonight?" Aria suggested.
"That's a good idea." I smiled. To be honest, I was a little worried about telling the fans about Aria and I being together. Not for my sake, but because I was worried I didn't have much longer to do so.
At the hospital on Tuesday, when I woke up he came into my room before Phil and Aria came back from the cafeteria.
*Flashback*

"Hello Daniel." He said smiling as he wrote down some things in his notepad. He checked my stats before sitting down next to me.
"So, I was just wondering why you didn't want the surgery." He said. I rolled my eyes and didn't say anything.
"I understand you've probably explained this a lot." He realized. "Okay, I just want to inform you on what is going to happen. As you know, the chemo hasn't been doing anything in terms of shrinking the tumor, so we've decided to stop that." I swallowed hard. "And as you know, without the surgery there isn't much more we can do for you. Now, we can make you comfortable, give you medication, but without the surgery you are going to die. And not peacefully either."
"That's pretty unfortunate isn't it?" I asked. "But I still don't want the surgery."
"It will continue to be an option as long as there is no more growth, but that won't be long. I strongly suggest you reconsider."

*End of flashback*

Aria's pov

"Hey everyone!" I said when Dan started the live show.
"That was loud." He laughed looking at me for a moment before turning back to the laptop. I was sitting on his lap and my arm was wrapped around his neck so I wouldn't fall.
"So hi everyone, how are you all?" I asked.
"We actually have something to tell you." He looked back at me for reassurance. We waited a few minutes for everyone to get into the chat.
"Brace yourselves." Dan finally said. "Do you wanna tell them?"
"Sure. I replied. "So umm..." Dan tickled my hip and I started laughing and hit his hand away. I playfully glared at him. "Me and Dan are dating!" I admitted.
"Yay!" Dan joked. I looked at him and just smiled amazed at his existence. The chat started going crazy.
"Everybody just captured a moment." Dan laughed. A lot of people were excited but a lot of people weren't.
'She's awful'
'Why her? She's gross'
'Wait... that whale is a person?'
I read through a bunch of comments silently and felt my heart start to shatter. I saw Dan start to get angry.
"Okay, anybody saying mean things about Aria... fuck off." He said. I looked over at him and smiled.
"Umm... you can finish this I'll... ill see you when you're done." I told him still fake smiling. I felt tears sting at my eyes and quickly pecked his lips before walking quickly out of the room.
"Aria wait!" Dan yelled. I ignored him and kept walking. I walked back to my apartment and into the bathroom. I looked in the mirror and felt tears stream down my cheeks.
"I hate you." I said quietly to myself. "I hate you!" I swung my fist back and slammed it into the mirror watching the glass shatter and fall to the counter.

Dan's pov

"I don't understand why you guys can't support our relationship." I said to the webcam. "I just-" I heard the loud sound of glass shattering and stood up quickly, forgetting the live show I ran out of the apartment and across the hall to Aria's apartment where it sounded like the sound came from.
"Aria?" I called. I ran to the bathroom and swung the door open. Aria was lying on the floor gripping her wrist. Her fist was clenched and covered in blood.
"Ari!" I yelled I knelt down next to her, feeling glass cut into my knees as I grabbed her arm.
"What did you do?" I asked looking at her hand. There was glass sticking out from her knuckles and blood everywhere. I lifted my shirt over my head and tried to wipe some of the blood away.
"I'm gunna call emergency." I told her reaching for my phone.
"No, Dan I'm fine just-" she choked out through her sobs. "Don't." She winced in pain. "I can get the glass out, it's not that deep. I sighed and grabbed the tweezers she had in her cabinet before kneeling back down, ignoring the blood, now soaking my jeans around my knees. I started picking out the glass carefully, trying not hurt her. She quickly pulled her hand away when I grabbed the last piece of glass. None of the cuts were too deep, so we really didn't have to go to the hospital. I noticed glass on Aria's sweatshirt and instead of stupidly trying to wipe it away, I pulled it over her head revealing her t-shirt. I didn't notice at first, but when she frantically tried to cover its up, I noticed deep cuts down her left arm. I grabbed her arm and stared at it for a moment.
"I'm sorry." She said quietly. I didn't know what to say. I just continued on trying to help her. I stood up and looked through her cabinets for something to wrap her hand in. I conveniently found an ace bandage and some antibiotic cream. I cleaned all of the blood and put the cream on her hand gently before wrapping it up.
"Go back to the apartment." I told her. I kissed her and helped her up. "Ill clean this up."
"Dan you don't have to." She argued.
"Please just... go lay down. I'll be there in a minute." I begged. She agreed and walked out of the room. I stood up and ran my fingers through my hair sighing deeply. I picked up her sweatshirt and my t-shirt, throwing them in the laundry bin she had next to the counter. I grabbed some paper towels and wiped up the small amount of blood that had reached the floor. I swept up the rest of the glass and made sure everything was okay, before going back over to Phil and I's apartment.