Twenty One ~

Dan's pov

The comments blew up and my video went viral all over the internet. The entire fandom was freaking out and everyone was extremely upset. As I was reading through some of the tweets people had posted Phil walked in and took my laptop away.
"What the hell." I said.
"You need to stop looking at all of these. It's not good for you." He said closing the computer and placing it on the table.
"I'm dying anyway it's not like it matters." I mumbled.
"Shut up." He said.
"What?" I asked.
"I said shut the fuck up." He replied. I was shocked at the fact that he swore. "You have the option to live you're just too much of a pussy to take the chance... so shut up." He stormed angrily out of the room and slammed the door behind him. I sighed and held back tears as I stood up to go after him. I started walking to his room when I heard a knock at the front door. I turned my direction and walked to answer it.
"Oh Aria..." I said surprised to see her. "Phil's in his room if you wa-"
"I'm not here to see Phil..." she said looking awkwardly at her feet.
"Oh..." I said. "Come in." I opened the door wider and she walked in. We walked to the lounge and sat down.
"I have something to tell you..." she said quietly.

Aria's pov

"I have something to tell you..." I said as I played with the sleeve of my sweatshirt.
"What is it?" Dan asked. He looked me in the eyes deeply and a smile spread across his cheeks slowly.
"I umm..." I said slowly. My heart was pounding out of my chest and I could feel my hands shaking. Dan put his hands on top of mine to steady them.
   I instantly flashed back to the first time I confronted Dan about his illness.
'But if you don't have the surgery, you're going to die.'
'We're all going to die.'
Dan placed his hands on mine then the same way he was now. It was like nothing was different.

"Just tell me." He said calmly.
"I'm..." I started again but stopped and sat silently.
"Aria..." He pushed my hair behind me ear and rested his hand on my face. "It's okay." His smile was gone and I could tell how serious he was when he said that. I knew Dan wouldn't be angry but I was scared of what he reaction would be. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes leaning in to the feeling of Dans hand on my face. His hands were warm and comforting. After taking a moment I opened my eyes and looked into Dan's. He was smiling again.
"I'm pregnant." I said quietly. I expected him to pull his hand away and freak out, or get mad at me. I had prepared for the worst.
"Really?" He asked. His smile had turned into a serious expression. I nodded my head and felt tears well up in my eyes. He smile returned and he pulled me into a hug. His hand ran up and down my back.
"We're gunna have a baby..." He whispered.
"You're not mad?" I asked, my voice muffled into his chest.
"Of course I'm not mad." He laughed. I pulled away and he looked at me with more love than he ever had and a huge smile on his face. "This is the best news I've ever gotten." I couldn't contain my tears anymore but instead of tears of fright, or pain, they were tears of joy. We sat there just looking at each other for a moment before Dan spoke again.
"I want the surgery..." he said with a small amount of hesitation in his voice.
"W-what?" I asked not sure if I'd heard him right.
"I want the surgery." He said again, louder and more confident this time. "I want to live. And I want to raise this baby with you." He placed his hand on my stomach. "And I don't care what the odds are... all I care about is you. I love you so much Aria Winston."
"I love you too." I smiled overwhelmed with happiness. "More than words can explain." He smiled at me and hugged me again, tighter this time.
"We have to tell Phil." He said.

    Dan's pov

        I couldn't believe what Aria had just told me. Within those few seconds of silence, the last few months flashed before my eyes and I realized that I didn't care if it was risky, I didn't care if the chances were bad or if I might not be able to live the way I wanted to. I just cared about the fact that I was gunna be a Dad. And my entire view on the situation changed from that one thought. Dad.

    Aria and I sat there for a little longer before going to tell Phil the good news. He was still angry with me so I had Aria go in first. I listened at the door as she asked Phil if it would be alright if I came in to talk to him.
"Trust me, it's good news." She said. Phil agreed and I walked in.
"Hey, sorry about earlier..." I said. "About everything."
"It's alright." He sighed. "I'm sorry for getting so mad at you..."
"Well... I have some pretty big news." I told him.
"What?" He asked. He didn't seam excited and really didn't seam like he had any emotion at all and it broke my heart to see him like that.
"I'm gunna have the surgery." I told him. His eyes widen and he stood up quickly.
"Are you serious?" He asked. I nodded my head and he pulled me into a tight hug as Aria laughed slightly.
"What changed your mind?" He asked when he finally pulled away.
"Well..." I started with a smirk on my face. I looked over at Aria and she nodded her head telling me it was okay for me to tell him.
"I figured, since I'm gunna be a Dad soon I should probably clear up the whole brain tumor thing." He was shocked for a second and then understood.
"A da- your-" He stuttered as he looked to Aria glancing at her stomach and then back to her face.
"You're pregnant?" He asked excitedly.
"Yep." She smiled. He hugged her tightly and then hugged me again.
"This is amazing." He laughed.
"I know." I said smiling uncontrollably.

     Aria's pov

          Phil and I left the room so Dan could call his doctor and tell him the news.
"So what gender do you think It'll be?" Phil asked. "Have you thought of any names? What do you-"
"Phil." I laughed. "I found out I was pregnant like twenty minutes ago."
"Right..." He laughed. "Sorry. I'm just excited. Uncle Phil." I smiled at him and nodded my head.

     We talked for a few more minutes before Dan walked out of Phil's bedroom and turned his phone off. He had a slight smile on his face so I knew it was good news. I sighed slightly in relief as he walked up and kissed me gripping my face in his hands. I kissed back and smiled into his lips.
"Surgery is scheduled for tomorrow at eight." He said when he disconnected our lips. He kissed me one more time before pulling away. He smiled at me for a minute before his expression changed.
"Tomorrow's your birthday." He sighed. "I'm sorry, But they wanted to do it as soon as possible an-"
"Shut up." I laughed. I put my hands on his chest. "I don't care if it's my birthday Dan. I care that you're okay, we can celebrate me being old another time." He laughed and kissed me again before turning to Phil and hugging him.

     Dan's pov

         Aria stayed at our place that night so it was easier for her to come with us to the appointment the next morning. It felt so good to sleep in the same bed as her again, even though it had only been a few weeks.
"Are you nervous?" She asked as we were lying in bed. Her head was rested on my shoulder and she was drawing designs on my chest with her finger.
"Yeah." I laughed as I ran my fingers through her hair. "But I'm excited too. No more cancer."
"I genuinely believe that you're gunna be alright." She smiled looking up at me. I smiled back at her and pecked her lips. It was quiet for a moment before I smirked at her.
"You know... I'm gunna be in recovery for a while..." I hinted.
"That's true." She said in a flirty voice.
"I won't really be able to do a lot of things..." I switched positions so I was facing her.
"What things?" She asked quietly as she smirked at me.
"For example..." I started. I kissed her neck and bit down and her head lolled back as she laughed. I smirked and climbed on top of her.
"Well I guess we should take advantage of this while we can shouldn't we?" She smirked before crashing her lips into mine.

      Aria's pov

          I woke up to my alarm the next morning at 6:00 am.
"Morning sleepy head." Dan smiled at me.
"Have you been watching me sleep?" I asked groggily.
"Maybe a little..." he smirked. I smiled at him and pushed my pillow into his face before standing up. I put on my bra and underwear and then my clothes from the day before and stood up stretching. . I felt Dan's arms wrap around my waist and I smiled and placed my hands on her wrists. He kissed my neck gently.
"Happy birthday." He said quietly.