Eleven ~

Dan's pov

           It felt like my head was going to explode. Like my brain was bouncing against the walls of my skull. The room was spinning, and I could hear ringing in my ears.
"Baby?" I heard Aria's voice say. It sounded distant and echoed. "Dan?!" I found myself gripping the sides of my head and burying in between my crossed legs. I could hear myself sobbing but I couldn't feel it. All I could focus on was the blood rushing through my head.
"Phil!" I heard Aria scream, her voice still echoing with every word she said. I felt her hand rubbing my back as I heard echoed footsteps run into the room and then Phil's voice.
"Dan? Dan can you hear me?" He asked. I didn't reply. It was like I had lost the ability to speak, or even acknowledge his words in that moment. My mind was all over the place and I felt like I was going to pass out. Over the next few painful, dizzy moments I heard a number being dialed, and then sirens that cut through the sides of my head like knives causing me to dig my fingernails into the back of my neck. I heard panicked words from Aria and Phil and heard more echoed footsteps and voices I didn't recognize until finally, everything stopped.

   Aria's pov

       "Aria Winston and Phillip Lester?" The doctor asked as he walked around the corner into the waiting room. I quickly shot up and walked over to him, Phil following behind.
"I-is he okay?" I asked feeling tears fall from my eyes replacing the ones from the previous hours.
"He's alive." The doctor replied. I let go of the breath I didn't realize I was holding and Phil wrapped his arm around me, letting me lay my head on his shoulder.
"The pain could've been caused by anything, but most likely due to stress or worry." The doctor told us. I nodded my head in agreement.
"When will we be able to see him?" I asked quietly.
"He's asleep now, but you can go in there for a few moments if you would like." He replied smiling sweetly at me. I nodded again and pulled away from Phil. I walked down the hall, following the doctor and he followed behind me. He led us to Dan's room and opened the door.
"I'll leave you three alone." He said closing the door behind him and walking back down the hall. I sat down in the chair next to Dan's bed and Phil stood next to his head. He had an I.V in his arm and his breathing was slow and quiet. I held his hand in between and leaned forwards to kiss his cheek gently. After a few moments of neither of us speaking I finally broke the silence.
"This is real isn't it." I said quietly. Phil paused for a moment and looked up at me. "I've spent a while trying to convince myself that this is all a dream, and that I'll wake up tomorrow and I'll be back in New Hampshire. But it's not a dream. This is real."
"It is." He replied. "But don't worry. The doctor said he'll be fine."
"But not for long." I said quickly. "You said it yourself."
"I was upset and stupid." Phil added.
"But you were right." I told him.
"I wasn't." He said. "You were. You said 'Dan always has been one in a million' and you were right. He has- he is. And I truly believe that he'll be alright." I didn't say anything. I just stared at Dan's perfect face, watching his chest move up and down from the corner of my eye. The area around each of his eyes was dark, and slightly purple. His lips were chapped and there were three cuts on either side of his neck from his finger nails digging into them. But he was still perfect. I wondered how I was lucky to have met the closest example to human perfection there is. How I was lucky enough to have the opportunity to care about him. To-
"Love him." I said out loud.
"What?" Phil asked.
"I love him." I repeated. Phil looked down at me and smiled.
"I know." He said.