Chapter 44

So before I start this chapter I would like to apologize for murdering Annabeth
I'm sad I killed her too
Annabeth is like the best person ever
I mean I was considering to like not actually kill her but then like I almost killed Percy too and I didn't want this story to be like oh she's not really going to die and stuff .
Soo... Umm... Yay new chapter!
----------------------------------------------

Chapter 44: Leo

I was currently standing In front of Annabeth's Burial shroud. It was a beautiful silvery silk with an owl embroidery.

It was a shame to see it burn.

Especially when one of my friends was underneath.

When I found out Annabeth I didn't believe it.

I mean Annabeth. The fearless daughter of Athena. The girl who came to Camp Half Blood when she was seven. The girl who fought aside Percy for 6 years. The girl who played a part in saving Olympus in the Titan War. The girl who single handily led us until we reunited with Percy. The girl who understands my machine talk. The girl who cares for everyone. The girl who conquered her fear and got the Athena Parthenos by herself. The girl who survived Tartarus.The girl who was surrounded by near death situations every where she turned.

She can't be dead.

Not after everything.

She was poisoned in the Titan War but she wasn't killed.

I honestly thought she was invincible.
I mean you can't just be an ordinary half blood and pass through Tartarus.
And somehow I felt like it was my fault.

I just had to open the stupid cookie.

Piper told me it wasn't my fault that Percy and Annabeth fell into Tartarus. And she was right. This death was the price to pay for opening a stupid cookie.

I am never eating Chinese food ever again.

And then we saw her. And I knew she was dead. There was no color in her skin except the small traces of dried blood on her chest. She wasn't breathing at all. And the whole room was ice cold like Khione payed a visit to give her condolences.

Yeah right. She wouldn't even dream of doing that.

Percy was the first to know about her death. Jason was the last. It's funny how that worked. They were the two people who started this whole thing. The two main people who was involved with the switch.

I looked over at Percy. He was so close to the fire I was scared he would jump into it. He didn't have any emotion on his face. Except defeat. It was then I noticed how much they loved each other.

Of course I saw it at first. The way Annabeth almost killed Jason. The way Annabeth judo flipped Percy. The way Percy explained how Annabeth was the only thing he remembered when he woke up. But at that time I saw then as one of those couples that everyone looked up to. That couple that everyone believed would get married.

But seeing Percy now. It made me want to go to the underworld and demand Hades to bring her back because Annabeth isn't just some person. She isn't half of Percy. She is Percy and Percy is her. They are one. Taking one away is worse than killing one person in a set of twins. It was like killing the both of them.

Percy didn't speak at all during the burning. He probably didn't breathe either. He was so heartbroken that he couldn't even express his emotions.
Nico tried to comfort him but it didn't do any good. It was like Nico was trying to talk to a statue. Maybe not my best example since we could probably talk to statues if we wanted to but it was like that.