Chapter 24

Chapter 24: Percy
After Hazel left I started considering what she said. She was right. But it was hard. We kept going north. I made sure there weren't any sea creatures in the way. I didn't want to delay our arrival. Once Annabeth got back on the ship I was going to chain us together so she wouldn't go anywhere without me. I suggested it to Hazel and she said that that's like keeping a woman as prisoner. I hoped Leo was ok too. I owe him a lot after saving Annabeth. Of course if anything happened to her I wouldn't blame him. But they were both going to make it. I just knew it. I heard footsteps behind me.
"Hey man." Jason said.
"Hey."
"Look I'm sorry for yelling at you earlier. I was being selfish. I wouldn't want to leave Annabeth and Leo behind." Jason said.
I looked at Jason. He looked nothing like Thalia except their electric blue eyes. Other then that I would've never recognize him as Thalia's brother... Yet they were so much alike at the same time. Their determination, their confidence, even their doubts.
"It's okay. I shouldn't have put you, Piper, and Reyna out like that. I was just mad but that isn't even an excuse. I wasn't like this before I fell into Tartarus. And Hazel just made me realize that I can't let Tartarus get to me. Besides Thalia and I used to fight all the time."
"What is Thalia like? I was with her for 5 minutes and she didn't really tell me anything except that our mother was a drunk, she thought I was dead, and that I ate a stapler when I was two."
I laughed. "You know Jason, most demigods gets scars from mighty battles with monsters. But not you Grace. You tried eating a stapler."
"Shut up" he said as he punched my arm playfully.
"Thalia was a lot like you actually. I see Thalia in you. Well not the appearance but everything else. But Thalia was bossy sometimes. At camp half blood, the winter we recruited nico--"
"And Bianca" Jason said.
"Well actually the Hunters of Artemis recruited her before we took them to camp. Anyways Thalia was already mad because she blamed Annabeth's "kidnap" on me saying that if I just waited then Annabeth wouldn't have been gone and Bianca would've never joined the hunters. Then when we were playing Capture the Flag I disobeyed her instructions and went in to get the flag and we ended up losing to the Hunters. She got mad and she shocked me with Lightning and then before she can say sorry I willed the while creek on her. We kept fighting and then Chiron broke it up."
"She never told you about me?"
"No. Like you said. She thought you were dead. But hey don't take it too hard. It's cool that Thalia is your sister. She's one of my best-- LOOK ITS THEM! LEO AND ANNABETH!"
Jason went to go get all the others while I smiled at Annabeth. She was in some kind of wheelchair. Leo was pushing her he looked really tired but he grinned like a madman. I was so happy. They started running into the water. I guessed they were running away from the giants. They were almost to the ship when all of sudden Leo collapsed. Annabeth turned around and tried to call Leo up but it was useles.
"GUYS GET ON DECK!" I yelled. I willed the current to bring them both to the boat. The others came. Piper and Hazel helped Annabeth out of her wheelchair and sat her into a seat. It took Jason, Frank, and I to haul Leo up. Who know such a scrawny kid would be heavy. We quickly got him onto the table. Hazel put a pillow under his head and Piper brought a blanket. Frank checked for breathing while I went over to Annabeth. There were tears running down her cheeks. "Per-Percy? What happened to Leo? We were fine an-and the-then he just collapsed!" She put her head on my chest while I comforted her.
"Hey it's going to be all right don't cry. Leo will be fine. Let me get you some water. You should rest and then we can talk about what happened. She nodded as I carried her to her room and gave her some water. Then when she was finally asleep I went back to the deck.
"What's wrong with him?" I asked.
"He isn't breathing. Frank's performing CPR but it isn't working! Why couldn't one of Apollo's kids be one of the seven?" Piper complained.
"Have you tried Ambrosia and Nectar?"
"We have but it isn't working!" Hazel said.
"Percy do you think we can contact Camp and see if they know what to do?" Jason asked.
"Come with me. We can try. Frank keep doing CPR."
We quickly contacted Chiron.
"Chiron!" I yelled.
He turned around and looked surprised to see my face then he grinned.
"Percy it's been a long time since I saw a familiar face! With the battle going on here I barely see my campers. And Jason! It is nice to see you again. Now I'm guessing everything is going fine."
"Not really." I said. Jason explained everything from the attack in Camp Jupiter to Tartarus to our current situation. While he talked I observe the scene behind Chiron. It was bloodshed all right. A mix of Orange and Purple. It bothered me because I felt like I should be there to help.
"Leo isn't breathing, Annabeth is resting, and we need help!" Jason concluded.
Chiron stroked his grey beard. Sometimes I forgot how old the guy was.
"He probably inhaled a lot of smoke. Even his immunity to fire has limits. You need to pump Carbon dioxide into his body and then his lungs will do the rest to clear it all out."
"Well it's not like oxygen comes in bottles you can drink in" I said.
"And that is where you friend of the sky comes in," he said pointing at Jason.
I looked at him and felt stupid. Of course. Jason can control the wind. "Well I guess we have work to do Jason. Thanks Chiron. Any word from nico and the others?" I asked. He nodded. "Yes but they are progressing slowly. The statue is attracting many monsters. They are only halfway across Rome. His wife is worried. Especially with the baby." Chiron explained. Jason chocked on air. "A baby? Like an actual child!?"
"Yes. He didn't tell you? Well anyways I have to go. I wish you 7 were here we could use every camper. But you guys have your own destiny. Until Reyna, Hedge, and Nico come with the statue, there will be a lot of blood spilled, both Greek and Roman." With that he cut the connection. I looked at Jason. "Well let's get to work and save Leo" I said.