The Life After Tartarus Ch.8

Chapter 8: Piper

I was looking at the view of the ocean remembering the surfing lessons with my dad. I was still a little disappointed that he didn't know I was a demigod but at least he made more time for me.

Jason talked more about Gaea and Greece and the war in the meeting. I could tell he was nervous trying to lead everyone but I couldn't help wondering what Percy felt. Did he think we replaced him? He was so distant from us it was like Nico never left the boat. Of course when Nico was here there was this deathly aura on the ship. I still couldn't figure out why Jason defended Nico all of a sudden but that was the least of my problems.

"Hey pipes. What are ya thinking about?"

I smiled as Jason wrapped his arms around my waist. I still couldn't believe he chose me over Reyna. Though I have nothing against her.

"How Gaea's head would look good hanging off a Christmas tree."

Jason laughed. "Are you going to make her into an ornament?"

"Sure why not? Then we can look at her face on the Christmas tree and remind ourselves she was defeated."

Jason was about to say something else when all of a sudden we heard a scream from Percy's room.

We ran to his room weapons out to skewer the monster but all we saw was annabeth crying and rocking back and forth. She looked at me.

"Where's Percy?!" She cried.

I thought for a second. I didn't see him after the meeting and I was on the deck the whole time and he never got out of his room.

I shook my head. "I don't know Annabeth. I didn't see him after the meeting. Why? What happened? What did you see?"

Annabeth started shaking. "Gaea. She has Percy she's holding him Hostage." She got up so fast I didn't see her cross the room. "I need to save him! I NEED TO GO!"

Jason, Leo and Frank held her back. "Annabeth wait for a second. Explain what happened." Frank said.

Annabeth tried to wrestle herself out of their clutches. "THERES NO TIME TO EXPLAIN I HAVE TO GO!" She kicked Leo in the shin and ran only to be held back by hazel.

"Annabeth you can't just go off to Gaea we need to make a plan. We need to be patient." Jason explained.

"THERES NO TIME TO BE PATIENT!! GAEA IS GOING TO KILL HIM IF I DON'T GO!"

"Annabeth you need to calm down." I said.

"I CAN'T CALM DOWN! WHY WON'T YOU UNDERSTAND! PERCY IS IN TROUBLE HE NEEDS MY HELP! WOULDN'T YOU DO THE SAME FOR JASON?"

She broke free from Hazel and ran to the stables. We ran after her only to miss her flying off on Blackjack.