Chapter 29

Chapter 29: Percy
I was mad. No furious. Mad at Athena really. But I think I took some of that anger out at Annabeth. Ok maybe I took all of my anger out on Annabeth. I had a feeling Annabeth thought I took the break up seriously. I walked into the mess hall with Jason. We were bother immediately ushered by some tailors. They started taking measurements. I looked at Jason but he was as confused as I am. Piper came up to us and smiled. "Calm down guys. You guys look like you're being attached to a bomb! They're just taking measurements. Apparently we're supposed to wear Greek tunics while we are on Olympus."
"Are you serious? I hate those roman Togas! Now I have to wear this?" I exclaimed.
Jason shrugged. "I didn't mind the Togas."
"That's because you were there for 12 years!" I said. I turned back to piper. "Where are the others?" And by others I meant Annabeth.
"Hazel, Frank, Leo, and Thalia already got their measurements. Apparently Leo found the forges and he was covered in oil and Tabasco sauce. The tailors bickered for them to get washed up and come back. I guess they'll send you too Percy. You stink worse then Coach Hedge's nature magic. Annabeth. Well I haven seen her since the meeting. I'll see you guys later. I agreed to help set up stuff." As piper walked away my heart fell. Where was Annabeth? She was probably resting. Maybe she'll come to dinner.
Almost an hour later I went to go wash up. I felt fresh after the days of travel and monster slaying. The only shirt I had was my Camp Jupiter one. I put that on and fresh pairs of jeans. I attempted to do my hair but gave up. My hair was just going to stay messy. I saw some of the hunters and waved. They nodded in my direction but didn't smile. Sometimes I was convinced that they were Romans and the Amazons were Greek. I thought about checking up on Annabeth well I tried to. Every time I thought about Annabeth a pain shot up across my forehead. Then it would fade as I stopped thinking about her only to come back a few seconds later. I didn't understand why she hated our relationship so much. I would never let anything hurt Annabeth and I would never hurt her. I couldn't even hurt Polyphemus when I had the chance to. As I walked towards the mess hall I started to notice how some things were a lot like Camp Half Blood. It was also the exact replica of Mount Olympus in New York. I actually never saw Annabeth's plans or blueprints. When we got together 8 months ago in the winter we were planning to go so I can see all the work she's done but that never happened thanks to Hera. Suddenly my head seared with pain again. If she kept this up I was going to be dead by tomorrow then again she wouldn't care. I remembered how Annabeth loved reading books. Anything she could get her hands on. She told me about a boy who was a wizard. His parents died due to a dark wizard and when he tried to kill the boy it didn't work and he got a lightning scar on his head. Throughout his life at his wizard school his scar would hurt when the dark wizard was near. That's how I felt right now. I put my hand up to my forehead and rubbed it until I got to the mess hall. I saw Jason and started to go sit with him when I realized the only other person there with him was Thalia. I looked around and saw that Piper, Frank, Hazel, and Leo were all sitting at their own table. Which meant I was sitting in my Poseidon table. It was just like Camp Half Blood. I looked over to the Athena table but nobody was there. Where was Annabeth? The food came around and we all got up to give a burnt offering to our parents. Then we ate in silence. There was no one to talk to. If this was how meals were on Olympus then I might just skip some meals. The food was great but my heart wasn't into it. Thalia looked over and smiled but then frowned as she saw my face. She looked like she wanted to come over but decided against it. After all our parents were right there watching us eat every single crumb on our plates. After I was done I quickly got up and started walking, almost running, to my room.
"Percy Wait!" I stopped. It was Thalia. "Percy. What's wrong? What happened? Where's Annabeth?"
"Nothing. Nothing. I don't know." I kept walking fast. Thalia had to run to catch up. She was shorter then me but she was fast. All of the hunting helped her. "Percy your lying! Usually you dig into your food and you always look happy. Besides I thought being here would make you happy. You know. This is paradise compared to Tartarus."
"Thalia. I'm fine! I don't need you to ask me a billion questions like you're my mom."
"Percy you have to tell me what's wrong. Annabeth can help you. I can help you. Don't shut us out. We've always been there for you. Annabeth will surely be there for you."
When she mentioned Annabeth all my memories of her flooded my mind making my forehead at the same time feel like it was splitting in half. I screamed in agony as I touched my forehead. Thalia came rushing towards me and called for the others. I heard piper trying to Charmspeak me. Telling me everything will be alright but it wouldn't work. I had tears coming out of my eyes. Finally Apollo came and picked me up. He took me to an infirmary and lay me down. He touched my forehead and muttered some words. I felt all of the others crowd around me as I fell unconscious. Everyone except Annabeth.