Chapter 39

Chapter 39: Piper (short... Didn't have a Piper chapter for a while and I suck at writing battle scenes lol)
I hate a lot of things. But these giants are so annoying! I couldn't believe after we almost died fighting Enceladus he's back again. And this time Jason and Leo aren't at my side. Annabeth felt the same way I could tell just by the way she's running. Every 2 minutes she looks to side as if she wants to talk some last minute battle plans but then she realizes Percy isn't there. And I had a feeling it wasn't only Percy. She wanted someone familiar with war to be at her side. Even if that meant Octavian probably. I really hoped Jason and Percy get back in time. At least before any of us five get injured. As we ran to our bases I recited the prophecy in my head.
_7 demigods shall answer the call_
That's us.
_to storm or fire the world must fall_
Jason, Percy, or Leo. That's what it had to mean right?
_an oath to keep one's final breath_
A promise that someone with die fulfilling. That couldn't be good. There were so many promises. Even the stupid snowboarding jacket promise could fall into this.
_and for bear arms the doors of death_
Check. Percy, Annabeth, and their friends Bob and Damensen. Demigod. Titan. Giant.
I heard Annabeth yell something but I couldn't quite make it out. I was the only demigod at my base. Annabeth was the only one at hers but Frank and Hazel were together. I felt happy for them. I even came up with a name for them. Frazel. I hope they did survive. Hazel has already died and Frank is so close to it Hazel would be a wreck if he died. Leo was by himself too by he was in the forges. I guessed by now that he and Calypso had a thing going on. But if I remember correctly from my Greek mythology lessons with my dad, Calypso was stuck on her Island with no way out. I just hoped Leo didn't do anything stupid that can get him killed. Yet knowing Leo he probably did. The battle has started. I saw the battlefield change when I noticed Hazel was manipulating the mist. It was pretty amazing. Nico is the dude that can summon the dead and Hazel can summon jewels and control the mist. I shuddered. I didn't realize how powerful they were together. If Jason, Thalia, Percy, Nico, and Hazel were on Gaea's side we would die just with their powers. I looked into Katropis. I tried as little as possible to look at it. I haven't looked at it since we saved Percy and Annabeth. The scene showed really beautiful scenes of death and the earth filled with blood. I looked closer trying to see if I can find anything useful.
"PIPER WATCH OUT!" It was Frank. I looked up and saw a giant running towards me. Enceladus.
"Ah Piper McLean! What a pleasure to see you again! Tell me how's your father?"
"Better now that you're out of the family picture."
"Oh but we made such a great Family!" Look at this you have neither your boyfriend or your elfish sidekick. Your are powerless. Just a worthless daughter of Aphrodite. I seriously don't understand why she's even one of the Olympians!" I shook with Anger. I've been called many names and made fun because I'm part Cherokee. I known I'm probably the one with the less power because I'm a daughter of Aphrodite. Percy has his water powers, Jason has his lightning powers, Frank has his shape shifting, hazel has her mist controlling Leo was an expert with his tools, and Annabeth was smarter then all of us combined. All I had was my charmspeak. But I wasn't going to let a filthy giant insult me like that. Not after hurting my friends and not after hurting my dad. Then all of sudden my dagger started glowing pink. It flew out of my hand and started stabbing the Giant. Pink beams of light shot out of it. Soon the giant vanished. Or vaporized. Annabeth ran over to me. "Are you ok?" I nodded. "Is the giant gone?" I asked. "Annabeth nodded. "How did you do that Piper? Without a god! I'm impressed. And you said you're the weakest." I smiled and ordered my base to follow me. If these Giants were going to destroy Olympus, they would have to get through me.