Chapter 20

Chapter 20: Percy

After talking to Leo I decided to get some sleep. Except I couldn't sleep. Not with Annabeth out there in danger. While I was talking to Leo I was studying his face. Jason was talking to him about finding Annabeth but his face didn't seem like he was taking in the information. Instead he looked sad and neglected. I had a feeling he thought no one cared about how he felt. I finally drifted off into sleep.

It was dark. But I saw a light up ahead. I walked towards it and ended up in some prison. I walked to the end and teared up immediately. It was Annabeth. She was on the floor limp. But she was breathing and that calmed me down a little. She was sleeping in an odd angle which meant that she had broken bones. "Annabeth?" I hesitated. What if this was just a vison Gaea was altering? Just like she did for Annabeth. "Percy? Is that you?" I looked at her. Her eyes were open but I guess the injuries were restricting her movement. I put my hands on the bars and saw that I went right through them like I was a ghost. I stepped into the cell and sat next to her looking at her face. "Seaweed brain. Are you really here?" She asked.

"No it's a dream."

She smirked. "So do you always dream about me?"

I smiled back. "No sometimes I dream about Rachel, Calypso, Reyna, this other girl that hit on--"

"Hey seaweed brain do me a favor and use your sword and put it through your head" she joked. She laughed when I gave her a horrified face.

"Annabeth I have to get you out of here."

"No seaweed brain listen to me. Don't come here. Don't save me. Lead the others to Greece. I'm doing fine on my own."

"Yeah. Half of your body is broken, no food or water, and no sword. You're totally doing fine!"

"I'm serious Percy, Gaea won't kill me yet. She wants you to come. That way she can spill our blood and rise. Until then she'll keep me alive and I have ambrosia and I'm healing."

"What if your worst enemy comes?" I said.

"My worst enemy? Percy I have a lot of enemies!"

"You know 8 legs, hairy? Sometimes poisonous?" I smiled.

"Shut up Percy. Spiders are the last thing I have to worry about-- how do you know all that seaweed brain? Have you become a son of Athena all of a sudden? I guess that means we can't date now." She laughed.

"Wise Girl I'm smart sometimes! Besides you know very well your mother hates us dating right now anyways!"

"I suppose she does. And maybe you could be smart. Now wake up. Don't come and save me. I'll see you again."
I kissed her and then left because one thing I learned a long time ago was to never argue with Wise Girl.