Chapter 16

Chapter 16: Jason

Piper comforted Percy and finally convinced him to get some rest. Then she went off to see what she can do with the ship. She was the closest person to Festus next to Leo and she was the only person besides Leo and Annabeth that had some of idea of how to work the ship. I went to the stables to think.

How long has Percy kept that in? How long did Percy think about my disappearance? I thought about the things he said. He was right in someway. I didn't know what it was like to be separated from someone I loved. Because I never loved Reyna and I only started loving Piper after the quest. So I was never separated from her. But I did know what it was like to protect someone you love. I felt it every time with Piper. I took out a Golden drachma but then realized I ha no idea how to send an Iris- Message.
"Here let me help." I turned around and saw Frank. He looked so different from when I first met him. Sure he was still the clumsy loving guy that we know but he was more confident, more Warlike, more Roman. I knew I didn't make a mistake when I gave him my Praetor ship.

"Sure why not?" I handed Frank the drachma.

"O Iris Goddess of the Rainbow please accept my offering" said Frank. He threw the golden coin into the mist and it dissolved.

"How did you know how to do that?" I asked.

He shrugged. "While we were on our quest- Percy, Hazel, and I- We ran into Iris and Percy remembered the Iris Message. He and Hazel tried to contact Annabeth but apparently the gods didn't want him to communicate with her yet because the connection didn't go through. I thought you would know since you were at Camp Half Blood for a while."

I shook my head. "No I never contacted anyone my memories were still hazy."
"Oh well who did you want to contact?"
I thought for a moment. I wanted to contact so many people. Annabeth, Leo, Thalia, Reyna or Nico, Camp, even Zeus if that was even possible.

"Leo... Maybe he's with Annabeth by now." I looked at Frank. He seemed uneasy. Maybe Leo made him promise he wouldn't tell any of us where he was.

"Hey you don't have to be here if you don't want to I think I can take it from here. I mean if I can't even says Leo's name into some mist what can I do right?" I smiled and he smiled back before walking away.

I looked into the mist, waiting to contact someone. "Leo Valdez" I said. The first thing I saw was Leo falling down unconscious straight into the Ocean. "LEO!" I called.