Chapter 15

Chapter 15: Piper

"HOW COULD YOU GUYS LET HER GO!! NOW WE'RE SEPARATED AGAIN!! AND SHE'S GOING TO GAEA!! SHE HAS NO IDEA WHAT SHE GOT HERSELF INTO!!" Percy yelled.

I felt bad. I should've held onto Annabeth more tighter. I should've tried to talk to her. I should've done something! Anything! Even if that meant hitting her in the head. I never saw Percy this mad before and it kind of scared me. To make it worse Leo was gone. I should've known he would've ran off. He didn't look convinced when Hazel told him we were his friends. The Calypso problem has been bothering him ever since we reunited after Khione threw him off the ship. I was scared at what Leo was going to do in order to get her back. I felt Jason move away from me and towards Percy.

"Look man. I know you're upset. I get what it's like to be separated from the person you love." Jason said. He looked at me and my heart did a backflip. For a second I thought he meant Reyna.

Percy was silent for almost 5 minutes when he finally turned to look at Jason with an angry look on his face. Then he looked at me. And back at Jason

"No you don't. You don't know what it's like TO BE SEPARATED FROM THE PERSON YOU LOVE. BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T LOVE ANYONE! PIPER WAS FILLED WITH FALSE MEMORIES OF YOU. YOU CAME TO CAMP HALF BLOOD WITH NO MEMORIES AND THEN YOU FELL IN LOVE. ME? ANNABETH WAS MY BEST FRIEND EVER SINCE WE WERE TWELVE! AND THEN WE STARTED DATING FOR 3 MONTHS! THEN HERA HAD THE NERVE TO SEPARATE US AND I ONLY REMEMBERED ANNABETH!" He took a shaky breath and continued. "YOU KNOW HOW HARD IT WAS TO STAY AT CAMP JUPITER KNOWING ANNABETH WASN'T THERE? TO REMEMBER THINGS THAT LINKED TO ANNABETH BUT THEN NEVER KNOWING WHERE IT CAME FROM! THEN EVERYTHING ABOUT HAZEL AND FRANK HURTED ME BECAUSE THEY WERE IN LOVE AND I REMEMBERED BEING IN LOVE WITH ANNABETH THAT MUCH" I looked at Frank and Hazel but they were both suddenly interested with their shoes.

Percy continued more calmly yet more quietly. "Then when we were falling into Tartarus I didn't want to believe it was over for us. I tried to keep myself together for Annabeth. I protected her and made sure she was alright. She was my most important priority. I had to at least get her out alive. Even if that meant me dying. We had help from friends of course but I didn't let go of Annabeth. She was the only thing that tied me to the real world. A world that wasn't filled with my greatest nightmares. Everytime I went unconscious I felt guilty because I was leaving her alone while I was dead for a while."

Percy had tears in his eyes. I realize that he actually told us something about Tartarus. It made me realize why Annabeth was madly in love with this boy that I once thought was unimpressive. To be honest, he was one of the bravest demigods ever. They went through so much together that it made my hardships with Jason seem normal. I walked up to Percy and took his hand.

"Percy, we will get Annabeth back. She won't die. You guys will be reunited again. We can try contacting her or Leo. He might've caught up with her by now." Percy looked at me and I saw hope in his eyes. I remember how hard it was on all of us when they fell into Tartarus. I was determined to make them proud of me. And I'm going to keep that promise.