A Warning

"Why do you live in an apartment?"

"It's compact. And a good size for Paris. Why do you ask?"

"You just seem like the type to live in a mansion away from the city."

"I do have a mansion outside of the city," Cora said. Antione turned to Ivan.

"And you? Where do you live?"

"Next to her apartment. Well, I guess the floor below her's. She inhabits the top floor."

"You bought the building?!"

"Haven't you done that before?"

"No."

"Well, we're going to my apartment. Lotte and Blaire are there." The doormen bowed.

"What do you do with the other floors?" Cora smirked.

"I rent them out. I've already made more than what I paid for this building."

The group waited in silence in the elevator. They opened, Cora stepping out. She typed several codes into the door. She then took out a key. Then took out another key.

"Do you have to deal with this every day?" Antione mumbled to Ivan. Ivan scratched his head.

"She said I would have to rent it if I refused the security measures."

"What about her floor?" Ivan grinned.

"If you think this is bad...."

Cora opened the door. Lotte and Blaire stood up. Lotte held up a paper.

"We have a problem."

Dear Ivan Morozov Lee,

I couldn't help but notice you got outside help. Why? To find me? Mr. Moor has done many abominable things. Don't let an emotional detective and equally dramatic wife fill your head with worthless thoughts. If you keep him, perhaps you'll never see Aliyah again.

Ivan's eyes widened.

"Who's Aliyah?" Antione asked.

"His younger sister. She just had a child." Cora glared at the note.

"Is she going to pick us off one by one? Why the threats? Why does she want everything to be left alone?"

Ring!

Antione walked past the motionless Ivan, pulling open the door. A sapphire Faberge egg gleamed in the harsh light. He looked around, snatching the egg before slamming the door. It clicked, a green light turning on. Cora opened a tablet.

A woman in a navy blue suit and skirt set the egg down before walking down the stairs. Cora picked up a phone.

"Bernard?"

"Ses, Madame?"

"Do you see a lady in navy walking down the stairs?"

"No, Madame."

"Check the cameras."

"She's not there."

"Can you look into the past few minutes?"

"Um..... Oh dear."

"What happened."

"Madame, she climbed out the window on floor 8."

"And she's not dead?" She asked incredulously. Antione dropped his jaw.

"No Madame. She walked out the courtyard and into the streets, a trench coat over her clothes." Blaire gasped.

"And she escaped."

"...Yes."

"And none of the guards saw it."

"Let me check...." Bernard called the security room. He called out names. Silence.

"Um, Madame... I don't think they're here..." In Ivan's apartment, the temperature seemed to drop several degrees. Blaire edged away from her. Cora took a deep breath. She let out a sigh.

"Bernard, find those men."

"Y-yes, Madame."

"If you don't find them in ten minutes, you will be fired."

"Yes, Madame!" Cora turned off the phone. Antione was reading a note. The Faberge egg lay open, insides gleaming. He passed it to Lotte. Lotte frowned.

If you will insist on this pathetic debauchery,

Meet me at Miss Genovese's apartment at midnight.