Jason

Hello everyone!
Today, I just wrote a ton so I'm releasing a second chapter shortly after this. Thank you so much for reading this and don't forget to comment and vote! :)

"Please tell me."

Cora faintly waved her hand. The quiet restaurant was lavishly decorated, golden chandeliers and crystal cups. Heady perfume mixed with the fragrant smells of soufflé and filet mignon. French elite dined, crystal glasses clinking as they drank fine wine from the restaurant's private vineyard.

"You should eat." Blaire bit her lip. Cora lifted the glass to her lips.

"Why are you stalling?" Cora stopped. Blaire sank in her seat. A smile curved the edge of her lips. She set the glass down.

"You finally said something."

"What do you mean?" Cora leaned back, swirling her wine. "Cora, just tell me what you know."

"She once loved Jason."

"A lot of people loved him."

"I never knew them, but I could tell that Sonya was neither a gold digger or a whore." Blaire's gaze slid as a numb feeling spread over her. The glass clinked hollowly against the blue china.

"Cora..."

"I don't know when they broke up or what happened. I just saw them a few times."

"You want me to ask Jason about it."

"Yes."

"But why?"

"Because you never ask. You never question anything." Cora stood up. "I have to go. Will you ask him?" Blaire hesitated. Cora smiled faintly. "Goodbye, Blaire."

"Did you know Sonya?"

Jason ran his hand through his brown hair. He closed the computer. Blaire blinked rapidly. She crossed her arms.

"Please tell me."

Jason backed her against the marble counter. He looked her in the eye.

"Yes." He kissed her. Blaire leaned in. He held her head as he deepened the kiss. Blare pulled back, gasping.

"I want to know, Jason," she whispered. Her gaze slid to the floor. He lifted her chin.

"Trust me, Blaire. I would never hurt you."

"Then tell me." Jason kissed her.

"Not now. Later." Blaire swallowed her frustration. She hugged him.

*****

Ring!

Ring!

"Hello?"

"Ms. Baasch?" Lotte's eyebrows raised.

"Mrs. Moor?"

"Hi. This is going to sound strange but, can we meet up?" Lotte hesitated. She glanced around the apartment.

"Sure."

"Coffee?"

"No thank you." Lotte drank a steaming cup of tea as Blaire looked outside.