Blanco

This one is half sad half something else. I am having so much fin writing
Blaire and I hope you guys like it as well. Please, comment and vote! ;)

"Miguel Blanco died four years ago." Lotte blinked. Dust floated around her as she stood beneath a window. Matteo leaned on a pew.

"How?"

"Heart Failure." Lotte frowned.

"What was his job?"

"Spokesman of TechX." Lotte smiled.

"Where is his graveyard?" The woman rattled off the address as Matteo studied the paintings on the walls. Lotte sat next to him.

"We need to go."

"Why?" Lotte stared at Matteo.

"Because the text said so."

"We already have a fair amount of evidence against Jason-"

"Yes, but not against the murder. We've been at it for a month now." Lotte bowed her head. "I don't want anyone to get hurt." Matteo hopped off the pew.

"Fine."

*****

The dying sun slowly dipped down as the detectives strolled through the peaceful graveyard. The trees swayed, ruffled by a faint breeze as the two weaved theough large monuments in the grass. They stopped before the grave.

Miguel Blanco
May he be remembered.

Lotte looked around. Her face paled.

Matteo tensed. Lotte's hands lightly caressed the sides and top of the smooth gravestone. Her hand snagged something. She gently tugged out a piece of cardboard. A faint feeling of hope flickered. She looked down.

Blank.

Lotte let her hand fall to her side as she bowed her head. The blank cardboard fell to the ground.

"Lotte?" She pushed past him, breaking into a run. Matteo stared for a moment before picking up the cardboard. He chased after her, hand outstretched. "Lotte."

*****

Lake Garda

Cora stared at the passing scenery, eyes blank. Her hand touched the warm glass. The car slowed to a stop.

"Madame, we're here."

Cora opened the door, getting out. The sea air filled her nostrils as wind blew through her hair. She took a deep breath.

Amara, I'm here.

She slowly walked down a gentle slope. The sun glanced off the azure blue of the Italian lake. Cora walked past the cheerful, abandoned villa. Blood rushed though her ears. Cora adjusted her wide brim hat. Her black dress billowed in the breeze.

At the edge of the property, a shining, white obelisk stood. The piece was carved of pure marble. Cora took of her glasses as she stood in front of the grave. Her black lips curved.

"Hello, Amara. I'm home."

She waited. Gulls overhead screeched as waves gently lapped against the rocks a few feet away.

"I've missed you. I missed you when you were alive. My mother was whoring herself around Paris. Our father was the only good thing that ever happened to me. Well, aside from you. And Ivan. And Blaire." Cora let out a quiet laugh as she looked down at her shoes.