Scandal

Hello! Okay, so sorry I didn't update yesterday I was super busy. However, this case is slowly winding down. I hope you guys like this next chapter and don't forget to comment and vote! :)

Clatter.

"Blaire?" Ivan ran into her bedroom. Blaire sat on the plush, king sized bed. Ivan placed her phone beside her as he took her hand.

"Blaire, what happened?" Glazed, green eyes faintly flickered. She glanced at the phone. Ivan snatched it up, reading the still glowing screen.

AlJazeera France
12:10 AM
On Saturday, May 10, an unknown source released thousands of financial files and emails detailing Jason Moor's private life from the years 2009-2016. Upon further analysis, the financial records show faulty payments amd questionable withdrawals that amount to more than 10 million USD. The French and American police are investigating....

"Where is he." Blaire blinked. Ivan gulped, looking at his childhood best friend in the eyes.

"Where did Jason go?" Blaire shook her head.

"I don't know."

****

*****

Matteo shivered.

The chill of the AC settled into him as he gazed longingly outside the window at the scorching heat. Lotte shot him a look.

"Matteo." He shook his head, resuming his pace. Blaire's heels stabbed the wood floor. The duo walked into a polished office.

"Lotte, good seeing you." Lotte kissed Zara on the chhek. Zara was a young, tall black woman with hawk eyes and a striking face. She kissed Lotte on the cheek.

"I as well." She gestured to Matteo. Matteo kissed Zara on the cheek.

"Matteo de la Chambre." Zara sat down.

"Zara Roux." Lotte and Matteo sat down on plush leather seats. Zara leaned forward on her heavy, metal desk. "Jason took a plane to Canada a week ago."

"And we have no idea where he is."

"Pretty much."

"Have we interviewed his wife?" Matteo asked.

"I've sent police there. For now, we should discuss the files released." Zara set a stack of papers in front ofnthem. Lotte grabbed the top one.

Transcript between Amara Blanc and Jason Moor
October 18, 2012
10 PM

Lotte looked up. Zara opened her laptop.

"They had a recorded version too."

"We haven't traced the people behind this?"

"No." Zara's gaze moved to the stack of paper. "It's scary though. Whoever this person is, they essentially stalked Moor for almost a decade. Video and audio records. Thousands of financial transactions. Even notes written by the man himself."

"Any suspects?"

"Wc were thinking his wife or close friends. Someone who was around this person virtually wherever he went and who could access the homes with ease."