Sarcastic Ranmaru

Hello!

I apologize about the two day delay. I was experiencing writer's block and was up reading the Storm and Silence Wattpad series (It's the best thing I've read on this so far! It's amazing. :)). Anyways, I hope this slightly long than usual chapter will make up for it.

Good morning." Lotte rubbed her eyes. Matteo leaned back in his chair, looking her up and down as Lotte collapsed into the plastic seat. Matteo furrowed his eyebrows.

"Why are you so......?" Lotte rested her head in the table.

"Didn't sleep well."

"Why?"

Because I was thinking about that kiss.

"Bad pillow."

"Oh."

"What's for breakfast?"

"Quiche." Lotte slowly raised her head. Matteo stood up. "I'll get it."

"I can get it myself."

"No, really. You're tired and I'm, not-"

"You sleep like a baby."

"So you have said." Lotte sighed, head resting on her arms. Her eyelids fluttered.

"Our flight leaves in an hour." Matteo dropped the plate.

"What?" Lotte opened one eye.

"We needed to talk with Ranmaru. The police are finished with him." Matteo stopped, depositing the plate in the dishwasher.

"When did you book this?"

"4."

"I have 10 minutes to pack."

"I already packed everything. I'd like to think I know you well enough to figure out your style." Lotte sighed. "You packed for me last time, remember?"

"Yeah..."

"Exactly." Lotte rose. Matteo grabbed her hand. She half froze. "Matteo," she said slowly, "why are you grabbing my hand?" Matteo furrowed his eyebrows.

"To get you to stop?"

"Why."

"Breakfast?" Lotte blinked.

"Oh." She shuffled forward. "I can eat later."

"But you love quiche."

"Yes. I'm tired."

"That...doesn't make sense."

"I am tired."

"No. Just, what does loving quiche and being tired-"

"Fine. Bring me the quiche." Matteo slowly let go. Lotte watched apathetically from her chair as Matteo served her. She prayed before stabbing into it, chewing quickly. Her eyebrows raised.

"Good?" Lotte nodded. She stood.

"We should go."

"Wait! Your quiche."

"I'll eat it on the way," she called.

*****

"Hello detectives!" Lotte frowned at the cheerful man in the chair. Matteo waved back.