Farri

Cora. Was not impressed.

She narrowed her eyes as the sad looking figure staring out the restaurant. She held up her phone.

"Hey, did you find him?"

"Have you?"

"I've been sitting on a tree for three hours and drowning in the smell of my sweat. No." Cora stifled a smile as she looked around the air conditioned restaurant. "Did you find him?"

"Yes." A rustle and a crash followed. Ivan groaned.

"Where is he?" He growled. Cora laughed.

"In a restaurant."

".... He's in a posh restaurant and we thought he was at the Eiffel Tower." Cora tried to stamp out her smile.

"You thought that. I said he was going somewhere private."

"Well, me, Blaire, and Lotte thought that."

"Where are they?"

"Blaire went up the tower and Lotte is above me."

"She is willing to climb up a tree in a silk blouse and tweed pants," she deadpanned.

"She said something about the pursuit of justice. Blaire looked like she was going to cry." Cora smiled. "Which restaurant is it?" Cora glanced at the entrance.

"I'll give you a hint. It's one of the most expensive restaurants in the country." Ivan groaned.

"How much is this?"

"It's white and silver with beautiful crystal chandeliers."

"It's Alain isn't it."

"It is. And guess what? I'm about to get a table."

"WHAT. That is so expensive and unnecessary, we just had lunch five hours ago and we can always catch the guy later. Alain is so expensive. I survived on the price of the food there for five months out in the jungle- Wait."

"Hm?"

"You're not going to be able to get a reservation," he said proudly.

"Do not underestimate me." She turned off the phone, beaming at the young man. He looked at her uncertainly.

"Welcome to Alain Ducasse au Plaza Athénée. Your reservation?"

"My name is Cora Anthea Cecilia Gisella Genovese." The man blinked dazedly.

"The diamond businesswoman? Unfortunately, I can't give you a place unless you have a reservation."

"I also happen to own this building," she said pleasantly. The man paled. He bowed.

"I am so sorry Madame."

"Get me a seat far away from Farri but near the owner and his mistress." He bowed again, nearly hitting the floor.

"Of course."

Ivan scratched his head at Cora licking cream off of a strawberry.

"How?" Cora grinned.

"I have my ways," she replied. Her eyes slid to the man. She narrowed her eyes. "He only looks outside. He barely even eats his food." Ivan slid in next to her.