Lotte

Hello everyone! I've been thinking a lot about this story and I might be taking a hiatus from my other stories. Ugh! School has been catching up on me recently. Anyways, I hope you will enjoy this. Remember to vote and comment! :) *The picture above is Jason!

Blaire woke to the smell of bacon. She smiled as she sat up, stretching. Sunlight filtered through the lace curtains she had painstakingly picked in a Moroccan department store last year. She yawned, putting a brown hand to her mouth. 

"Good morning." Jason smirked at her, clothed in boxers and an apron. Blaire raised an eyebrow at the outfit.

"What is that glorious smell?"

"Pancakes and bacon."

"Who cooked it?"

"Me, of course."

"Really? I didn't think you had it in you."

"I'm amazing aren't I." Blaire got off the bed. She was instantly encircled by his arms.

"I love you so much."

"Me too. I love myself." She softly banged her head against his chest.

Ring!
Ring!
Ring!

"Do you know who that could be?"

"No...." Jason made his way towards the phone, picking it up from its classic black cradle (A sale item at Saks). "Hello. Who is this?" He nodded as the person talked. His eyes were focused on Blaire as she walked out of the room. 

Jason leaned on the balcony, running a hand through his hair, knocking his chef hat off. Blaire's frown deepened as he didn't turn once to look at her. The syrupy taste of the pancakes evaporated in her mouth. He turned off the phone, resting his head on the rail. Blaire scooped a helping of bacon onto a plate before making her way to him.

His head came up as she slid open the door. She set the food on the stained wood coffee table (a rather manly touch that made Jason smile when the workers lugged it into the apartment). 

Jason cleared his throat. "The police station called. They're...investigating me because a governor was hacked a few days ago. Apparently, the computer is my office laptop." Blaire frowned as she took a seat on one of the small, hand-painted foldable chairs. Jason joined her, simply watching her eat. She was stunning, in a wild, real way that Jason rarely saw her in. Her hair hung around her face, flat and unappealing. Her makeupless face was pretty in a small town look that she tried to hard to hide. Baby blue eyes and light blonde hair. 

The phone rung again. Jason got up and walked to the end of the small balcony (it happened to be the only real place of privacy they had from each other). Blaire poked her food. She sighed beneath her breath as Jason paced around, like a caged predator. Jason returned to his seat. 

"Did something happen?" Blaire asked. Jason reached his hand out, quickly finding her's. He gently pried the knife out of her clenched hands. It was disturbing with her sweet smile. 

 "Shirou Ranmaru called. Yuko and Akane....they got in an accident."

Blaire blinked. Her smile evaporated. 

"Oh dear," she murmured quietly. A fat tear rolled down her face. Jason held his arms out. "It's alright. We just need to go to the police station for a few hours." Blaire sniffed as she nodded, following him inside.

******
"How do you think they'll react?" Lotte looked at Matteo from the corner of her eye. Lotte leaned against a wall, a tablet tucked beneath her.

"I don't know," Matteo said. Lotte glanced outside. A small swarm of reporters had come flooding in that morning and refused to move. It made the entire station unable to do it's usual work and more than a few people (particularly Lotte) grumpy. Lotte sipped her bubble tea, eyes narrowed at Matteo's pacing figure. 

"Detectives?" They looked to the woman. Police Chief Bouriscot walked inside. "Mr. and Mrs. Moor are here," she announced. The couple followed closely behind. 

Lotte gave a smile the couple. Jason smiled, looking professional, hands rubbing themselves every few seconds. Blaire gave her a shy smile before turning her attention to a window looking down at the Paris streets. Jason took a step towards Lotte. They shook hands. 

"I was called in for hacking?" Lotte shook her head. Jason's smile dropped.

"What is it?"

"A woman was murdered in your apartment in New York." She set a file down. Jason opened it, mild dismay crossing his face. A picture of a smiling blond woman greeted him.

"Her name is Sonya Abromsky. She was murdered two days ago."