Ivanoch

Marie Ivanoch

Marie Anastasia Ivanoch (Born September 23, 1986) is a Russian entrepreneur, humanitarian, and property owner. She was the head of the Vasilia Organization for Mental Illness and for owning the majority of home property in Milan and Geneva.

Born in Brussels to a Russian mother and an Italian father, Marie grew up in Madrid. At fifteen, she was caught in a house fire and nearly died. Marie went to Cambridge before working at TechX. She studied Computer Science, Business, and Criminology, obtaining a Masters in the latter two. She began buying property in Milan. During one of her trips, she met Antione Farri, a famous musician.

Marie eventually left TechX in 2001. By then, she owned a large amount of apartments and buildings in Milan and Geneva. She cofounded the musical tutoring and performing business, Musica, with Farri. The business quickly became popular in the music industry and for everyday use. Shortly after, Marie created the Vasilia Organization for Mental Illness.

Marie has been listed as #10 in Forbes top 100 people. She has received the Economic Times Award, the Abraham Horwitz Award, the Bishop John T. Distinguished Humanitarian Service Award, and many others.

In 2007, Marie married her business partner, Anotione Farri. They divorced in 2011 on good terms. Marie disappeared in 2012, leaving no trace behind. In a will, she wrote that Farri would receive all she had should she have no heirs. Since then, there have been no updates on her. People have often wondered what drove her into disappearing. There is also a persisting belief that she was murdered.

**********

"She disappeared?"

"She worked at TechX?"

"She could be Nikita," Lotte observed.

"She worked at TechX. She must be behind this," Ivan said. Blaire scrolled through the long Wikipedia page.

"But why?" She asked. "She's Sonya's twin, but they never had contact. I'm pretty sure Jason and Sonya parted on good terms."

"Her father was murdered," Cora said. "Their health got worse after his death."

"They found the murderer. He was a drunk man who had ties to a local gang. Mrs. Sokolov testified to it."

"Why does she have those scars?"

"A fire." Ivan looked through the page. "She was completely burned. She underwent surgery as soon as she could, but she asked for her neck and back to keep their scars."

"Why?" Blaire asked. Ivan rubbed his head.

"She said they were a reminder of what she went through and that she should live."

"Her parents are still alive?" Lotte asked.

"Yes."

"Uncanny resemblance to Sonya aside, Marie seems to be a legitimate person," Cora said. "Her parents, diplomas, the sheer amount of fame. People who assume a new identity wouldn't do this."

"They moved when Marie was sixteen, after she recovered from more surgeries."

"It's highly unlikely."

"And she disappeared."

"Mhm." Ivan moved the mouse. He gave an odd look at the computer.

"What?" Blaire asked.

"The theories are really out there. But a big one is that Farri killed her to own all that land and money. But.... Farri has a solid alibi. He was filming a movie in Britain the last time she was seen."

"What if she disappeared voluntarily?"

"Why though?"

"Can we ask her parents?"

"They're dead."

"Friends?"

"Maybe. But they never mention who she was close to. Well, except for Farri."

"Where is he?"

"Let me look it up." The group ate their lunch in silence as Ivan looked through the web. "Actually, he's here."

"The perks of living in the fashion capital of the world," Blaire said. She looked over his shoulder. Antione Farri had shoulder length brown hair and striking blue eyes. Cora raised an eyebrow.

"He's Antoine Farri?"

"You know him?" Blaire asked. She turned her nose to the air.

"A few years ago, that boy tried to dance with me." A shocked silence blanketed the room.

"That was certainly brave of him," Ivan said.

"Why is that so courageous?" Lotte asked.

"Cora does not like physical touch. She also refuses to waste her time dancing with random strangers," Blaire explained. "A guy once asked for a dance and when she refused, he tried to force her into dancing with threats. She ended up calling the guards."

"But not before giving him a good slap and a very harsh warning about his behavior."

"I would hardly take it that far if it weren't for some of the very rude things he said about me," she said. "Fortunately, no one, aside from Antione, has asked for a dance since. Well, except for Ivan but that hardly counts." Ivan gave a slow blink.

"Did you dance with Antione?"

"No. But I did point out a young woman who he might like."

"Where is he?"

"A post came in six minutes ago," Ivan announced. "They're at Champ de Mars."

"Thank goodness," Cora said. "We're right outside that area and there's bound to be a small mob of paparazzi following."